ICloud Keychain is a program that allows the user to access all the passwords of websites, forms, FTP servers, SSH accounts, wireless networks, programs, encrypted disk images and much more. This program allows not only to lock, unlock and display passwords tied to a single master password, but also to manage root certificates, keys and security settings. If you do not know what a “master password” is, this is the password that the system asks you to enter when installing new software. In this article, you will learn how to change your password and learn more about the iCloud Keychain features.
If the old password is known
If you know your old password, use it to update an existing keychain for login:
- Open the Keychain program in the Utilities subfolder of the Programs folder.
- From the list of keychains in the left part of the window, select "Login".
- In the "Edit" menu in the menu bar, select "Change password for the keychain" Login "."
- Enter the old password for your user account in the Current Password field. This is the password that was used before resetting the password.
- Enter the new password for your user account in the "New Password" field. This is the password that is now used to log in to the Mac. Enter the same password in the Confirmation field.
- When finished, click OK, then close the Keychain program.
ICloud Keychain on iPhone and iPad
1) Open app Settings and select Passwords and Accounts.
2) Select here Website and software passwords. Enter your password or use Touch ID.
3) You will see a list of all your saved logins and passwords. Select one to view it.
4) If necessary, you can click Edit in the upper right corner of the screen to make changes.
ICloud Keychain on Mac
1) Open the Safari browser and select Safari > Settings.
2) Select tab Passwords and enter your password.
3) You will see a list of all your saved passwords. Select one to view it.
4) To change or share a password, click Details.
It is convenient to store your passwords in iCloud, because you can access them from any device. However, if you are interested in alternatives, try the 1Password password manager.
Do not miss Apple news - subscribe to our Telegram channel, as well as to the YouTube channel.