This article is co-written by Marsha Durkin, RN. Marsha Derkin is a registered Wisconsin nurse. She received a nursing degree from Olney Central College in 1987.
The number of sources used in this article is 11. You will find a list of them at the bottom of the page.
The best protection against colds is timely prophylaxis, but sometimes, despite all our efforts, the cold still overcomes us. The fact is that microorganisms and viruses can live on untreated surfaces for up to 18 hours (until the virus finds its owner). Viruses and bacteria penetrate the mucous membranes of the mouth, nose and eyes, spreading through the air with coughing, sneezing and even simple talking. You may not be able to completely prevent a cold (SARS), but there are several ways to alleviate the onset of symptoms and speed up recovery (these methods also include frequent hand washing).
When and how can I start treatment on my own?
It is important on the first day of a cold to determine the nature of the infection. You need to learn to distinguish between the common cold and flu. Their symptoms are different. Treatment of the onset of a cold can be carried out independently, provided that the flu is excluded.
The spontaneous occurrence of the disease and its too rapid development should alert the patient. Influenza is also characterized by a sharp increase in temperature (40 degrees) and excessive weakness. Lethargy and aches in the joints are felt much stronger than with colds. Sometimes this condition is accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Unlike SARS, the flu may not have symptoms such as a runny nose, cough, and sore throat. A distinctive feature of this ailment is a pronounced redness of the eyes, up to the appearance of small vessels. With such symptoms, it is better to consult a doctor and not self-medicate.
A hospital visit is sometimes required for colds accompanied by suspicious symptoms. These include:
- sinus pain
- persistent temperature
- increased pallor of the skin,
- chest pain and wheezing,
- mucus of a different nature from the throat or nose,
- ongoing headaches
- pain in the eyes
- discomfort in the stomach.
In the absence of dangerous symptoms, you can think about how to cure a beginning cold in the first days of its manifestation. This includes not only medication, but also the lifestyle that the patient will lead at this time.
What do you need to know?
An illiterate approach to treatment can aggravate the situation and lead to the opposite result. It is important to consider that the first symptoms of colds show that the body is fighting the virus. In no case can they be eliminated with the help of potent medications. On the contrary, you need to help the body cope with the infection faster.
Being at a loss, not knowing how to treat a cold that begins, some resort to taking antibiotics. However, this does not make sense, since these drugs affect bacteria exclusively. Viruses are intracellular parasites that are not capable of reproduction outside the cells. Moreover, antibiotic treatment for such infections can harm the kidneys, stomach and liver.
You can not bring down a moderate temperature, as it is also an indicator of the protective functions of the body. If it rises above 38 degrees, then this is already cause for alarm.
The use of vasoconstrictor drops from the common cold delays the healing process. They interfere with the normal secretion of mucus and toxins, which ultimately leads to complications.
The first signs of the onset of a cold - what to do for treatment
How often do each of us wake up with the feeling that a tank was unrolling in a dream, directly on our body? With an incomprehensible headache and a wild desire to climb under a blanket, where it is so warm, dark and quiet? And this is not depression, but the first manifestations of a cold. An effective treatment for the onset of a cold will help you quickly forget about the disease.
The first signs and symptoms of a cold
1. A cold begins invariably with general weakness and unlimited laziness to even move.
2. The onset of a cold is invariably accompanied by a runny nose, sneezing.
3. Often, it all starts with increased fatigue.
4. Mild cough is a sure sign of illness. It does not have to get worse or stronger. also a characteristic sign of the common cold. The cough should not get much worse, but most likely the entire period of the illness will be with you.
5. A slight increase in body temperature is also a sure sign of the onset of a cold.
By time, a cold can end in a few days, and can drag on to several weeks. You can catch a cold by airborne droplets, that is, when coughing or sneezing, droplets of sputum with viruses get into the air from sick people.
In the upper respiratory tract of the human body, viruses begin to multiply rapidly. Different types of cold viruses multiply in a specific section of the upper respiratory tract. Take, for example, rhinoviruses, they prefer the mucous membrane of the nasal passages. Patients begin to develop inflammation and swelling of the mucous membranes of this section of the respiratory tract. Viruses from the inflamed section enter the bloodstream, and with the blood into various organs.
What should be done to treat a cold at the first sign of an illness?
Where do we get information that tells us what to do at the first sign of a cold. There are several such sources at once.
1. The global network is currently the largest repository of information. Moreover, not all information is useful, especially that regarding the treatment of a disease. Most of the information is laid out as a reference, and for effective treatment it is nevertheless necessary to consult a specialist in order to avoid serious consequences. Incorrect treatment, improper use of drugs can cause severe deterioration in the patient's health.
2. Stands in medical institutions are drawn up by specialists working in it. The information on this information stand carries more background information. Perhaps the presence of additional data on the prevention of the disease. Those measures that are presented as measures to prevent the disease, indeed, can help with the first signs of the onset of a cold and prevent the disease at an early stage.
3. Booklets in medical institutions are mainly related to the drug presented in them. In addition to precautionary measures, they mainly provide product advertising information. Thus, the advertising campaign of a drug imposes the use of this medicine for colds.
4. Folk methods that are passed down from generation to generation. The use of products to obtain a positive result in the treatment of the disease is time-tested, but there is one negative factor. Traditional medicine cannot quickly resolve the issue of a person’s recovery, rather, it helps the body, with the help of external factors, will cope with a cold itself, and also with time, the treatment technique may be lost and then, instead of treatment, you can get the exact opposite result.
What to do with a runny nose and the first signs of a cold?
Nasal congestion is the first symptom of the disease. This may cause an allergy if a runny nose is accompanied by redness of the eyes and other allergy symptoms. First you need to find out the cause of the common cold. If you have problems determining the cause of the common cold, then it is better to consult a doctor before taking medication. Nasal congestion and a runny nose caused by a cold are treated with nasal drops, which are sold in any pharmacy. Treating an allergic rhinitis is more difficult.
First of all, if you notice that the first manifestations of a cold begin, you need to take a hot shower. You need to warm your face, neck and chest, so the hotter the water, the better. If there is no high temperature, then you can take a hot bath. 15-20 minutes will be enough. In the bath, you can add herbal infusion of St. John's wort, chamomile or birch leaf. It is necessary to leave the bath with a cold slowly, because a hot bath increases pressure, and because of this, your head may become dizzy. If possible, you should take the help of someone close to you. After taking a bath or shower, you need to wipe your body dry and go to bed to sweat. To speed up this process, you can drink hot herbal infusion or tea with raspberries or honey.
Treatment of nasal congestion in other, more complex situations requires the help of specialists. If, along with a runny nose, difficulty breathing is observed, then urgent treatment is necessary, because difficulty breathing interferes with life and work. In addition, a runny nose can cause serious complications that are treated much more difficult. Therefore, the best advice is to see a doctor at the first sign of a cold, and not spend your money and time trying to treat a cold. Firstly, not only the common cold can cause nasal congestion, and secondly, not all medications for the common cold may suit you.
What to do with sore throat and the first manifestations of the onset of a cold?
Also often a cold is accompanied by a sore throat. But tickling and sore throat do not always indicate a bacterial or viral infection. A sore throat can occur, for example, after a strong cry, like irritation. What to do at the first sign of a sore throat from a cold? The first thing, again, is to see a doctor, however there are several ways to get rid of a sore throat:
1. With a viral infection, medication suckers will help get rid of unpleasant perspiration and severe sore throat.
2. There are also aerosol medications that relieve sore throats at the first sign of a cold. But the action of the candies is longer.
3. Gargling also helps with sore throats, but it does not cure a cough. For rinsing, use solutions of chamomile, salt water, lemon juice and alcohol.
Often, in addition to the common cold and sore throat, a cold causes redness of the eyes. Conjunctivitis is not just redness of the eyes, but also a burning sensation in the eye. At the same time, there is photophobia and watery eyes.
What to do with the first symptoms of fever?
If the body temperature rises after taking a bath, you do not need to knock it down. The body is much easier to cope with the infection at elevated temperatures. To bring down the temperature at the first sign of a cold is only necessary if it is above 38.5 degrees, or in the presence of side effects that accompany a lower temperature.
Moreover, it is recommended to bring down the temperature without the use of effervescent instant tablets and powders, since they provoke the appearance of kidney stones. Therefore, it is better to lower the temperature in folk ways - for example, grind the body with 3% vinegar, diluted in the same amount with water or vodka. You can also drink tea with raspberries, honey or linden blossom. Cranberry or cranberry juice also helps with colds.
If a person has unforeseen circumstances or at the most crucial moment of his life, a cold starts, what should be done to get rid of it instantly? Compliance with several basic rules and just one day of patience and the time spent on treatment will help you quickly forget about the disease:
- Bed rest. Due to the fact that some people carry the first days of the disease on their feet, it drags on for a longer period. But it is worth it to properly rest, and the symptoms of the disease disappear. This does not mean that you need to lie around the clock. Undoubtedly, bed rest should be alternated with movement around the room. But you need to sleep off, as required by the body. Healthy sleep is an important component in colds.
- Heat. If the disease is the result of hypothermia, it is especially important to warm up well. The room should have a moderate temperature, but at the same time it should be aired periodically. You need to lie under a warm blanket and keep your feet warm. If there is no temperature, then a warm bath is allowed before bedtime. Additional warming procedures with dry mustard may also help. You can steam your feet in it, and then add a little to your socks and go to bed.
- Drink. During a cold, you need to take care of the presence of a large amount of interferon, produced with a sufficient intake of vitamin C. This protein does not allow infection to develop in the body's cells and protects them. There is a large selection of drinks rich in this vitamin. How to treat a beginning cold at home will tell you personal taste. This and tea with lemon, and broth of wild rose. For such purposes, it is good to harvest fresh raspberries and blackcurrants with sugar. From stirred in warm water and consumed every 2 hours. After such a drink you need to wrap up and sweat.
By itself, bed rest does not save from an illness. It should be accompanied by effective methods of treatment, and even more so if a cold has already begun. How to quickly treat a runny nose and throat with effective, proven methods? The following are three such treatments:
- Flushing the nose. A very effective procedure that prevents the development of microbes. It should be carried out several times during the day, the more often, the better. For washing the nose, special solutions are prepared from herbs and slightly salted water. This can also be done using soap solutions (even with laundry soap).
- Gargling. To stop perspiration and the inflammatory process in the upper respiratory tract and prevent bronchitis, you need to rinse your throat with furacilin. If this remedy was not in the home medicine cabinet, then you can prepare an infusion of chamomile. A solution of iodine and salt can easily cope with such problems. It is very simple to prepare: 1 teaspoon is taken per 200 ml of warm water. salt and 3 drops of iodine. To achieve the expected result, rinses should be regular and frequent (at intervals of 30 minutes).
- Inhalation. Treatment is carried out using a special inhaler. It is filled with infusions of herbs such as sage, eucalyptus, oak bark or chamomile. The pharmaceutical market offers a wide selection of essential oils that are especially effective for inhalation. For such a procedure to have the proper effect, you need not just to breathe the steam, but to pass it through the respiratory tract. Therefore, it is taken in by the nose, and released through the mouth. Do not breathe hot steam. Inhalations are carried out 4 times a day. The correct conduct of this therapeutic method helps to thin the sputum and relieves inflammation.
If you are not a fan of folk methods and you have a cold, how to treat? Properly selected pills can also help to quickly cope with an ailment.
Treatment with folk remedies for the onset of a cold
Although modern medicine offers a very large selection of antibacterial and antiviral agents, you should consult your doctor before using them. Folk remedies for treating colds are more harmless. You can use them without going to the doctor.
1. A mixture of honey, milk, eggs and butter. 500 ml milk (raw and warm) is mixed with a raw egg, 1 tsp is added. butter and honey. Mix thoroughly and drink at the first sign of a cold, preferably at night.
2. As an antipyretic for colds, a barley of barley is sometimes used. It is prepared as follows: for one liter of water, one hundred grams of pearl barley is taken and boiled over low heat for 15 minutes. Then strain and cool, take the entire dose at night at the first sign of the onset of a cold.
3. Chicory and motherwort. In equal quantities, the root is taken motherwort and chicory, brewed in boiling water. Give a little infusion and take 3 times a day for 1/2 cup.
4. Healing mixture for the treatment of colds at the first sign. We take a glass of hot milk, add honey 1 tbsp. l and mix thoroughly, add the same amount of butter and raspberries all mix. Then add 30 grams of vodka. Drink the mixture before bedtime
5. Burdock juice. About 30 minutes before a meal you need to take 1 tbsp. l juice squeezed from the leaves of this plant. Repeat the procedure 3 times a day. Better from fresh burdock, in pure form or use tincture. It’s easy to prepare tincture, it takes 250 gr. juice and 50 gr. vodka, infused for a week.
6. Alcohol and raspberries. When a cold begins, you need to take a glass of regular hot tea, add raspberry jam and 70 degree alcohol to a tablespoon there. In small sips, drink and cover your head with a towel to increase the diaphoretic effect.
7. Milk and honey for effective treatment of the onset of the common cold. This is the most popular recipe in our country. Very simple. Add two tablespoons of honey in a cup of milk and drink. Практически сразу заметите результат.
8. Настойка из черной смородины при первых признаках начала простуды. Ягоду смородины заливаем одним стаканом водки и настаиваем на протяжении одного месяца. Самое главное периодически взбалтывать настойку. Method of application: when a cold begins, drink 1 glass a day or just add 1 tbsp. l this tincture in tea.
9. An excellent folk remedy for colds is orange juice without sugar, which you need to drink on an empty stomach.
The first thing to do is to give your body a good rest. After all, it’s better to take a weekend at work for several days and recover than to stay until the last, and then “fail” for a longer period of time.
For the prevention and treatment of acute respiratory viral infections, doctors recommend taking vitamin C, purchased in a pharmacy, during the winter period. And at the first symptoms of the disease, within three days, the dose is increased to 700-800 ml and taken throughout the day, every hour. There have been cases that taking vitamin C according to this scheme helps to cope with the virus in three days.
How to treat an onset of a cold in an adult is a matter of personal choice. Tools such as Arbidol, Coldrex, Tamiflu and Inosin help to cope with the infection quickly. Using these medicines, it is important to remember that they should not be carried away. Large doses of paracetamol, which are contained in these drugs, with constant use can become toxic to the body. They negatively affect the liver and kidneys and cause allergies.
We must not forget about the means of strengthening the immune system. Along with medicines, you can take drops of echinacea or other restorative drugs.
When choosing drugs and determining how to treat an incipient cold in an adult, it is better to consult a specialist. Only after this can you fill up your first-aid kit with a suitable medicine in case of illness.
When a runny nose begins, how to prevent it?
A runny nose begins, how to prevent it correctly so that a cold does not catch by surprise again, not many know. During severe colds, the nose is attacked almost daily by various viruses and other harmful bacteria. If a runny nose is not prevented on time, colds of a more severe nature will follow. To prevent a runny nose at an early stage or to completely avoid it, you must follow a few simple rules, which are described below.
The common cold in a child
In children, it is not difficult to identify a viral infection. In addition to common symptoms, babies are usually moody. Lethargy and increased drowsiness are a signal of the disease. Caring parents in such situations are puzzled by how to treat the onset of a cold in a child.
- If the baby has a high temperature, you need to wipe it with a napkin dipped in vinegar. Wet tissue is primarily applied to the chest and back, and then to other parts of the body.
- While there is no temperature, you need to have time to steam the baby's legs with mustard powder. After the procedure, the child must be wrapped and laid in bed.
- Castor oil acts as an effective means. It is preheated over steam and rubbed with its chest.
- From a sore throat a drink made from warm milk with the addition of butter and honey helps.
- From drinks give juices, cranberry juice, herbal teas. During this period, the child should drink as much fluid as possible.
- Inhalations are carried out with soda solution or infusions of sage and calendula.
- The loss of fluid in the body of the baby is compensated with the help of cabbage brine. It needs to be slightly diluted with water. Such a healthy drink is rich in minerals and essential vitamins.
- To lower the fever, children are given Nurofen, Panadol, Ibuprofen and Paracetamol. From nasal congestion, Farmazolin and Nazivin are used. Drops can not be used for more than three days to prevent the occurrence of renitis. Prescribe drugs should only be the attending physician.
- To eliminate dry cough, syrups are prescribed with herbal extracts, such as Prospan and Herbion. When sputum is released, Lazolvan, Mukoltin, and ACC are prescribed.
Every morning you need to start not only with brushing your teeth, but also with washing your nose with bacterial mucus. It is because of its clusters that your cold starts to progress. Moreover, in the first stages of a runny nose, it seems to you that there is practically no mucus. In fact, you need to get rid of it at this stage, then it will be much more difficult. Even a healthy person accumulates a certain amount of mucus and bacteria throughout the day, which should be disposed of in the near future. From this we conclude that washing should be done in the morning, as well as at night before bedtime.
Periodically it is necessary to breathe volatile. They are antimicrobial agents that prevent the occurrence of common cold viruses. Phytoncides are usually found in onions, lemon peels and especially large quantities in garlic. Especially in the winter cold season, doctors recommend consuming garlic as often as possible, without paying any attention to its taste. Chewing gum will always help get rid of this smell. If you did not have time to prevent the disease and a runny nose has already begun or is even at a rather serious stage, the following treatment will help you:
- Finely chop either onion or garlic. You can cut both one and the other and make a small assortment out of it, mixing everything into a small gruel.
- Within 5 minutes, you need to inhale with your nose the medicine that you got in the first paragraph. To achieve a quick effect, inhale before going out and before going to bed. At night, you can increase the inhalation session to 10 minutes.
Another way to prevent a runny nose is to use aromatherapy at home and in the workplace. To achieve the desired result, you just need to add about 1-2 drops of essential oil to the aromatic medallion. It must contain a bactericidal effect, be sure to specify when buying. In order to better navigate, extracts with the presence of eucalyptus, mint, fir, lavender and rosemary have a special antiviral effect. From a pleasant aroma you will receive special pleasure and at the same time you can prevent a runny nose. However, do not forget that aromatherapy can not cure a runny nose even in the first stage, this is just a preventive procedure.
Throughout the winter and the disease itself, you need to drink a large amount of warm drinks. Classic tea with honey, hot fruit drinks from currants, cranberries and various dried fruits are perfect. It helps well with severe illness rosehip infusion. Vitamin drinks will help you cope with a cold in any season, whether it's winter or fall.
The first trimester of pregnancy is the most dangerous for both the expectant mother and the embryo. It is in this period of time that the basic systems of the body of the future baby are laid. Therefore, how to treat the beginning colds in pregnant women is a rather serious question. A double threat hangs over the fetus - a virus that has penetrated a woman’s body and the consequences of taking medication.
Complications left after the infection are not as dangerous as the consequences after taking antibiotics, alcohol tinctures, immunomodulators and antipyretic drugs. Given these facts, many experts in the treatment of pregnant women recommend focusing on homeopathic remedies and alternative methods of treatment. But they should be prescribed by a doctor.
Expectant mothers should be warned of hypothermia and at the first sign of a viral infection, take the measures provided in our article. Of the above methods, only thermal procedures are contraindicated for pregnant women - you can not soar your legs and take hot baths. However, in order to keep warm, you can hold your hands in warm water.
A balanced diet, which includes a sufficient amount of vitamins, will help a woman's body to fight malaise.
How to treat the onset of a cold during pregnancy for those who decide to stop on folk methods? Basically, the treatment of the expectant mother can be carried out in the same way as the treatment of the child (which is described above).
Positive results are given by inhalation from potato peel and soda solutions, as well as with thyme, rosehip or hyssop oil. Aromatherapy is the safest and most effective method for a woman and her fetus, if there is no allergy to any component used.
Another effective way is to inhale the aroma of grated onion for 10 minutes. The same procedure can be carried out using garlic.
Timely and consistent treatment protects against many negative consequences. Therefore, applying the advice and treatment methods offered in the article at the right time, and even more so if the cold is just beginning, you will save yourself from complications and unnecessary trips to the hospital.
Additional important points
In addition to fortified foods, citrus fruits also help in the treatment.
They must be consumed in absolutely any form. You can add to tea, you can make any other drinks. Using them in their pure form will especially help in the fight against colds. But you are unlikely to be able to eat a lot of lemons, so you have to come up with various options for their use.
Of course, playing sports can resist the common cold. Even a contrast shower can strengthen your immunity. But do not forget that all hardening procedures should be carried out correctly. Before you start, read the necessary literature, and only after fully studying this issue, go on to hardening itself. Active sports can improve your blood circulation and disperse lymph, thereby preventing most diseases and especially colds. Do not forget that in no case should you play sports during an illness. It is necessary to fully recover and better, with the permission of the doctor, gradually move on to strengthening your health.
No matter how contradictory it may sound, but more often be on the street. During the walk it is worth breathing deeply and fully. It is walks that in some way temper your body. With aerobic exercise in the fresh air, you can prevent a runny nose and cough, as well as other colds. When walking, you need to dress according to the weather so that you are not cold and too hot.
Since if you start to sweat at sub-zero temperatures, this can lead to a serious cold. If you feel that you are starting to freeze or feel very hot, it is best to return home.
Before each exit from the house, it is worth lubricating the nose with a thin layer of oxolinic ointment. If you are heading to a place with a large crowd of people (shopping center, metro and other places), then you need to use a special protective medical mask. Of course, instead of a mask, you can simply cover your nose with a handkerchief or wrap a lower part of your face with a scarf. Using these methods, you can prevent a runny nose and most other respiratory diseases.
It is not necessary to once again supercool, since it is in connection with this winter that the percentage of sick people rises and most viral infections increase several times. It is especially necessary to prevent freezing of the legs, this part of the body is especially susceptible to freezing.
What to do if it was not possible to prevent a cold?
If you still couldn’t prevent a runny nose in time and a cold went beyond the first stage, that is, you have a cough, fever, chills, you need to direct all your efforts to fight it. Do not hope that in one day of active use of various tablets and potions, you can fix it. We must responsibly approach this problem, take a sick leave and rest at least one working week and finally recover. Since if you continue to go to work with a cold, you can aggravate the situation and even run the risk of acquiring chronic diseases. Also, do not refer to the fact that your work does not require strong labor costs, even the usual way out of the house is not recommended for severe colds. In addition, you run the risk of infecting your comrades and work colleagues.
At the first manifestations of the onset of a cold, you need to respond immediately and use all of the above methods of combating diseases. If you observe at least part of all the points of the above prevention, then a runny nose, cough and other severe colds can be avoided in the winter. Through walks and light tempering, you will strengthen your immunity, and diseases will bypass you.
It is much more difficult to cure a cold in the winter time than at any other time of the year, so you need to start fighting it when it has not yet begun.
Colds on the lips - treatment
For many, the onset of cold weather is accompanied by the occurrence of such a problem as herpes. Every time he appears, we begin to sort out all the known ways to get rid of this sore. We will figure out how to cure a cold on the lip and prevent its development.
Signs of a cold on the lips
You should know what the principle of the appearance of colds on the lips and how it looks:
- first, a person has irritation on his lips,
- small red spots appear, filled with liquid,
- in the following days they burst, turning into shallow abscesses.
Even the use of the best means is not able to eradicate this disease. However, it is possible to significantly reduce the intensity and frequency of colds. Colds on the lips and its symptoms should be noticed in a timely manner to begin treatment. It is possible to understand that the sore will come out again by redness and swelling in the lips.
Home Treatments for Colds on Lips
There are many different recipes effective in dealing with this nuisance. We will learn how to use a home remedy to remove a cold on the lip.
- Tea is the most popular among all recipes. To reduce the appearance of ulcers on the lips, it is recommended to lower the spoon into the brewed tea, wait until it becomes warm and attach to the damaged areas.
- Applying fir oil also helps solve the problem of herpes. To do this, it is important to lubricate the resulting redness every two hours. The action of the oil is accompanied by burning, but after a few minutes it passes.
- If we consider folk methods, then a good solution for the removal of colds on the lips and its treatment is earwax. She just lubricated sores every 2-3 hours. Freshly squeezed Kalanchoe juice helps, which is important to apply to the lips as often as possible.
- It is possible to prevent the formation of abscesses when the bubbles burst if you cauterize these bubbles. For these purposes, the most common tincture of propolis. After the cauterization procedure, chamomile cream or calendula ointment is applied to the wounds.
- An ointment prepared on the basis of honey helps a lot. It is necessary to mix half a tablespoon of honey with a full tablespoon of ash and three minced cloves of garlic.
If you decide to bypass home methods by contacting medical means, then you should figure out which drugs help to cure a cold inside the lip. The main focus of pharmacy products is the destruction of the viruses that caused this problem. For the purchase of ointments and various creams, the presence of doctor's prescriptions is not necessary. The use of these drugs at the initial stage in a couple of days will allow you to forget about the common cold in the corners of the lips. Today, pharmacy chains offer a lot of tools. The most common are herpevir, penciclovir, famciclovir. However, no one bothers you to apply other ointments. All of them are effective in the fight against herpes, and the difference is only in cost and name. These ointments will give the greatest effect, if you start using them at the first symptoms of a cold.
Prevention of colds on the lips
The best way to treat a disease is to prevent it. Therefore, it is important to know how to prevent a cold on the lips. The reason for the constant cold on the lips is a reduced resistance to weakened immunity. After all, he is responsible for the production of antibodies that inhibit the action of viruses. A balanced diet and the use of immunomodulating agents can increase immunity. The use of a complex of vitamins: neuromultivitis or supradin helps prevent the formation of ulcers on the lips.