Tides during menopause cause a woman not only physical, but also psycho-emotional discomfort. Someone is trying to cope with unpleasant symptoms on their own, without resorting to the help of traditional and traditional medicine. However, most women still use various drugs. What means help to reduce the manifestations of this condition, what are their differences and how to normalize well-being without harm to women's health? You will find answers to these questions in our article.
Hot flashes with menopause after 45 years
How to reduce hot flashes and how to deal with excessive sweating?
To reduce the negative consequences of hormonal disorders during menopause, it is necessary to take suitable medications, adjust the diet and the mode of work and rest. However, this is not all. There are some simple rules to reduce the unpleasant manifestations of seizures:
- Avoid going to the bathhouse and sauna. Hot air in steam rooms causes excessive sweating.
- Spend less time outdoors on hot days, and also stay as far away as possible from heat sources - fireplaces, stoves, heaters, bonfires.
- Stop smoking, eating hot, oily and spicy foods, coffee, alcohol and sweets.
- The menopausal diet should include more fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy products, cereals, wheat bran, chicken eggs, nuts. These products have a beneficial effect on the female hormonal background, which helps to reduce the manifestations of menopause. Also, the diet should include foods rich in the so-called phytohormones. In their composition, they are close to human hormones, but not so effective. Eat: coconut, soybean and olive oil, lentils, flax seed, garlic, chickpeas, beans, barley, rye.
- Drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day. Due to increased sweating during menopause, the body quickly loses fluid, so it must be replenished in a timely manner.
- Do not wear synthetic clothing. It is better to give preference to cotton, silk and linen items. An exception is fleece clothing: this artificial material dries quickly and provides the necessary moisture removal.
- Discard dresses with high collars. Choose clothes with a neckline and cuts near the neck.
- Change synthetic bedding to natural. This will help you sweat less while you sleep.
- If you are tormented by intense tides, you can carry a spare set of clothes with you. If you sweat a lot, you will have the opportunity to change clothes.
- Observe personal hygiene. To avoid the unpleasant odor of sweat, it is recommended to use a high-quality antiperspirant that prevents the appearance of an unpleasant odor.
- Allocate time for relaxation, try to be less nervous and engage in static sports - Pilates, yoga, stretching, callanetics.
Treatment of hot flashes with menopause: tablets, patches and other drugs
The selection of optimal therapy should be carried out by a doctor, since self-medication can provoke even greater health problems. A suitable medicine is prescribed on the basis of examinations performed by a physician, gynecologist and endocrinologist. Also, to combat menopausal hot flashes, it may be necessary to conduct a laboratory study of blood for the level of hormones, ultrasound of the thyroid gland, mammary glands and pelvic organs.
What to take during hot flashes during menopause?
Most often, doctors prescribe menopausal hormone therapy (MHT) to patients. Normalization of the hormonal background due to the use of such drugs not only reduces sweating, but also provides an improvement in the psychoemotional state, helps to cope with mood swings, improves performance and optimizes concentration.
However, it should be borne in mind that drugs that make up for the lack of estrogen can activate the launch of developing oncological diseases - in particular, breast, endometrial or ovarian cancer and exacerbate chronic diseases and the risk of thrombosis. Therefore, treatment with hormonal drugs should occur exclusively according to the scheme drawn up by the doctor.
In recent years, it has become possible to replace the use of traditional tablet preparations with the use of a hormonal patch, gel forms, intrauterine complexes. They are considered less dangerous in terms of the possibility of venous thrombosis.
Blood Pressure Normalizing Drugs
During menopause, changes in the water-salt balance occur, as a result of which there is a fluid retention in the body and an increase in blood volume. This leads to an increase in blood pressure during high tide. Taking drugs that lower blood pressure helps reduce sweating and feels hot during such conditions.
Vitamin and mineral complexes, dietary supplements
During menopause, it is recommended to take complexes rich in retinol, tocopherol, ascorbic acid, B vitamins, vitamin D, calcium, magnesium, boron.
Supplements based on phytoestrogens. Phytohormones include coconut oil, chamomile, calendula, ginseng root, grapes, dates, pomegranates, red clover, alfalfa, flax, licorice, etc.
Climax without the tides: reality or dream?
Unfortunately, most women experience the unpleasant symptoms of menopause from their own experience. However, each of them has a choice: to reconcile with the manifestations of this condition or to alleviate it by taking the right drugs.
One of the best remedies for hot flashes with menopause - "Climafemin." This drug has a balanced composition, which includes natural components: phytoestrogen genistein, coenzyme Q10, grape seed extract and vitamin E. As a result of the use of Klimafemin, the frequency and intensity of hot flashes decreases, sweating decreases, and the emotional background improves.
For an accurate diagnosis, contact a specialist
Symptoms of hot flashes with menopause in women
The duration of the period during which hot flashes occur is purely individual and can range from six months to several years (there are cases when women experience unpleasant sensations for 12 years). Manifestations are as varied as their intensity. Hot flashes with menopause, treatment and a decrease in their manifestations depend on the patient’s lifestyle and the presence of chronic diseases.
The first thermal signs may appear shortly before menopause and continue for a certain time after the start of hormonal changes and the cessation of menstruation.
Typically, the tide lasts from a few seconds to two and a half minutes, more often in the evening or night hours. In severe cases, unpleasant symptoms may not disappear until 1 hour.
Accompanying hot flashes with menopause symptoms are characteristic:
- the appearance of anxiety and persistent foreboding of a thermal violation
- sharp redness of the face and a feeling of heat in the upper body,
- sudden dizziness
- the urge to vomit
- lack of air,
- profuse sweat,
- increase in body temperature when measured,
- chills after high tide.
Hormone-free flushing treatment, drugs
During the menopause from hot flashes in women, moderate physical activity and adherence to diet are good. It is necessary to choose loose clothing made from natural materials (viscose, linen, silk, cotton, bike), carefully perform all hygiene procedures, observe a drinking regime of 2.2 liters per day, avoid stressful situations, mental and physical strain, take vitamin and mineral complexes.
Long and sensitive flushes require the use of certain therapy. Your doctor may determine your treatment strategy. Modern drugs for menopause from the tides are quite effective and are able to neutralize their destructive effect on the female body.
To avoid serious side effects, pharmacies and drugs, especially hormones, and the regimen for their use for the treatment of menopausal disorders should be prescribed exclusively by a doctor.
What to do at high tide?
According to many patients, diaphragmatic breathing helps to calm down and recover. From the first seconds of the tide, you should breathe deeply in your stomach, holding your breath before exhaling for 5-9 seconds.
- If possible, then with a sensation of heat, the legs are immersed in hot water (thus normalizing the body’s thermoregulation), and arms are straight up.
- Be sure to bring water with you to be able to take a few sips during or after a heat attack.
- Inhale the healing aroma of an essential oil, for example, citrus fruits, lavender, oregano, from a bottle or aromacoulon.
Medications for menopause from hot flashes (without hormones)
Non-hormonal preparations containing phytoestrogens have proven themselves well. They are taken in the form of biologically active food additives (BAA) and other herbal remedies.
During menopause, doctors recommend taking vitamin-mineral complexes that provide additional doses of B vitamins, ascorbic acid, tocopherol, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
It is imperative that you follow a diet based on plant foods that are high in fiber, pectin, vitamins, and trace elements. The amount of protein food in the diet is reduced, and the supply of carbohydrates is provided due to the greater number of fruits, cereals, seeds and nuts.
Antidepressants are used under the supervision of a physician. They are prescribed in cases of increased stress and stressful situations. Sertraline, Paroxetine, Flucosetin help as tidal agents.
Herbal sedatives work well, including tinctures of peony, valerian, motherwort, infusions of these herbs, Corvalol, Barboval.
Often, homeopaths recommend that their patients take Klimaktoplan, Lachezis and other homeopathic medicines.
How to get rid of hot flashes with menopause without medication?
Folk remedies for menopause from hot flashes provide significant assistance in improving the state of the nervous, cardiovascular and endocrine systems.
Water and alcohol extracts from medicinal plants (herbal medicine), treatment with essential oils (aromatherapy), the use of various relaxation methods (yoga, meditation, sauna), homeopathy are popular.
The most common herbs for reducing the symptoms of menopause and the intensity of hot flashes are valerian root, motherwort, peony, field horsetail, lemon balm leaves, mint, cinnamon, blackberry, sage, and hawthorn fruit. They are taken in the form of alcohol tinctures, teas, infusions from medical fees.
Aromatherapy to help with the tides
A number of essential oils has a unique ability to restore the body during hormonal adjustment and is able to minimize the manifestation of hot flashes in a harmonious way. They effectively regulate the thermal regime of the body, calm the nervous system, relieve attacks of anxiety, irritability, tearfulness and weakness, improve sleep quality, normalize the heartbeat, relieve neurosis and depression, relax the body and restore it after stress.
During menopause, aromatherapists recommend inhaling fumes with the help of aroma lamps and cold inhalations of the following ethers: orange, bergamot, jasmine, chamomile, lavender, mint, lemon balm, oregano, sage, St. John's wort, and yarrow.
Geranium and rose esters help eliminate hormonal imbalance, clary sage and cypress help with increased sweating and sensitive tides, and ylang-ylang, patchouli, neroli and sandalwood are effective in lowering libido.
It is useful to take baths with the same oils, include them in massage compositions, add to cosmetics, apply to pulse points, carry out aroma combing, apply in the steam room for bath procedures.
Currently, drugstore shelves are full of all kinds of new-fangled products and attractive advertising posters. Do not forget that serious problems and severe menopause are in the competence of experienced doctors - therapists, gynecologists, endocrinologists, psychiatrists.
- The decision on what to take with menopause from the tides should be balanced.
You should never rely on the advice of lay people. What helped your neighbor can be disastrous for you. Change your lifestyle, prolong youth and be healthy at any age!
Reasons for the development of tides
The main cause of hot flashes is hormonal changes in the body that occur in women during menopause. In addition, changes in metabolism begin. As a result of the development of menopause, there is a decrease in hormone production.
In the ovaries, the level of hormones can completely stop or decrease, with the development of gradual sclerosis, which is also expressed by a decrease in the content of estrogen and the progesterone component.
The main mechanism for the development of hot flashes is a violation of the pituitary gland - a gland located in the brain. The pituitary gland is responsible for the production of FSH, which leads to the production of the estrogen component, as well as luteinizing hormone.
Since the pituitary gland has a close relationship with the hypothalamus, which is responsible not only for changing moods, appetite, but also for heat redistribution.
As a result of this effect, a short-term temperature reaction occurs on the part of the autonomic nervous system, accompanied by a pathetic expansion of the vascular bed, a sharp change in the number of heart contractions, etc.
Tidal Boosting Factors
For the manifestation of these processes, it is necessary to influence certain factors, among which stand out:
- Receptions of various drugs that affect the hormonal level of a woman. These include drugs from the group of potent antibiotics, antitumor drugs, as well as antidepressants.
- Constant stress. Emotional stress for a long time leads to disorders of the nervous system, this leads to disruptions in the blood supply system and innervation of the hypothalamus, which is responsible for the production of hormones that affect the functioning of the ovaries.
- The quality of nutrition that a woman adheres to. The intake of foods such as spicy, fatty, smoked, alcoholic and caffeinated products, lead to a constant effect of the nervous system. Also, against the background of constant overexcitation of nerve cells, spasm of the vascular bed occurs. These moments lead to the development of hot flashes as during menopause or premenopausal disorders.
- High sugar intake, as well as products containing simple carbohydrates, lead to an increase in energy processes, as well as to an increase in temperature reactions, which are the trigger in the development of tides.
- The temperature reaction of the environment. High ambient temperatures also lead to the development of changes in the vascular bed. In some cases, visits to baths, saunas, and resort areas can be a provoking factor.
- Using tight underweartight-fitting garments, as well as the use of synthetic fabrics. This leads not only to spasmodic situations, but also to the development of mechanical constricted and circulatory disorders.
Medication Free Tides
The methods of non-hormonal treatment without tablets are as follows:
- Breath. This is one of the effective ways to alleviate the severity of hot flashes with menopause, and also in some cases to get rid of them. To eliminate such a clinic, you need to minimize excitement, calm down physically, and perform respiratory measures at the expense of the abdominal muscles. The main mechanism of these procedures is to take a deep breath, which will reach 10 times in a minute. After a perfect inhalation, it is required to exhale as calmly as possible, while the exhalation is up to 5 seconds in duration. As a result of breathing exercises, the nervous system is rebuilt, which will be expressed by a certain distraction, as well as a decrease in vegetative manifestations during hot flashes.
- Fresh air. To reduce the number of hot flashes during menopause, as well as the intensity of the severity, a constant intake of reduced air in the living room is required. Women who have these problems much more often need to be in the fresh air as much as possible, strolling daily or leaving for the weekend and vacation in the sanatorium. If such an opportunity does not exist, then regular use of ventilation of residential premises, as well as the use of air purifiers or devices for humidification, is required. Перед сном требуется снижение температуры помещения, а также постельного белья, но следует избегать появления сквозняков или излишне низкого температурного режима.
- Растительная пища. Women who are experiencing sweating, flushing with menopause, it is recommended to eat less foods rich in animal fats, for this you need to replace them with plant substances. Therefore, products such as pork, fatty chicken, lamb, lard, etc., are replaced with flaxseed fats, cereal products, groups of legumes, fruits, vegetables, etc. They not only lead to a decrease in the number of hot flashes, due to the content of phytoestrogens, which slightly replace the natural hormonal background. Besides, vitamin econtained in them helps to restore or maintain the functional state of the ovaries.
- Active lifestyle. During menopause, the mandatory inclusion of physical activity is required, they not only help reduce the severity of hot flashes, but also train the nervous and muscular systems. As a result, the development of not only hot flashes, but also arterial hypertension is prevented. But, at the same time, the load should be dosed, and if there were no training before, you need to include it dosed. Among these methods, you can use swimming, hiking, cycling.
- Clothing. Despite the fact that there are more important aspects in the treatment of hot flashes with menopause, clothing occupies no less important positions. Therefore, during this period, it is recommended to give preference to convenient options that are appropriate in size and also not restricting the body. It is also recommended to use materials mainly natural, it can be cotton paper products or linen with viscose. Also, during the change of climatic temperatures, attention should be paid to the suitability of clothes, in winter, even with frequent tides, you need to wear warm clothes.
- Fluid intake. After the onset of pre-menopausal, and especially menopause, women should change not only their lifestyle, diet, but also drink a sufficient amount of liquid. Water will not directly be able to exert any effect on the body at high tides, but it will provide less pronounced manifestations of pathological reactions that arise as a result of this. So during heavy sweating that occurs during high tide, fluid is lost, and urgent recovery is required. Also, water prevents the development of blood thickening and reduces the risk of deposition of cholesterol on the walls of blood vessels. Either pure water, or green tea, as well as herbal decoctions can be used as drinking substances. In addition, due to the regular use of a sufficient amount of fluid, a slower skin aging process and a change in its turgor can occur.
- Positive attitude. During this period, many women experience not only an unreasonable feeling of anxiety and fear, but also depressive disorders. Many cannot accept the fact that they are having an irreversible process of aging. In addition, a lot of difficulties can arise in everyday life, which will be superimposed on the physiological state. Therefore, during this period, an initial positive attitude is required with a decrease in the perception of negative information, less response to what is happening, and a rethinking of life principles. If a woman has a persistent depressive and depressed state, it may require the help of a specialist with the appointment of drugs that increase the body's resistance to events. Do not start treatment yourself. In addition, everyday life should be filled with positive emotions, as well as a positive attitude towards what is happening.
Hormone replacement therapy
Climax is an exciting moment in the life of every woman, many of whom approach him not only with concerns about their health, but also with psychological instability. It is difficult for a woman to perceive the fact that menopause is the stage of termination of the reproductive system.
He poses a great danger to women who have not realized their maternal function. In addition, it may be an early age of the onset of menopause.
Therefore, at present, many women are resorting to a fairly new and popular way to eliminate the symptoms of menopause, as well as delaying it, this is hormone replacement therapy. In the modern world, every fourth woman uses this method of treatment.
Features of drugs:
- In the case of the use of these funds, the lowest possible dosage to provide the necessary effect, as well as a thorough preliminary consultation with the diagnosis of all indications and contraindications.
- Among the agents used in hormone replacement therapy, preference is given to combination, i.e. the fact that they contain estrogen and progesterone, which are natural analogues of female hormones. In most cases, they can maintain a sufficient level of hormones, preventing the development of atrophic processes in the reproductive system, as well as changes in the body that are inherent in the menopausal period.
- As a result, a woman on the background of taking drugs notes the appearance of a menstrual-like reaction, as well as the absence of symptoms associated with the development of menopause. Treatment to prevent menopause, as a rule, is long, it can reach 7-10 years, which can significantly reduce the percentage of diseases such as osteoporosis, atherosclerosis and others.
- Since pure estrogens can not be taken, since reducing the development of complications with menopause, there is a likelihood of developing hyperplastic processes, it is added to the composition of progestins, it prevents the growth of endometrial cells, and also supports many hormonal processes in the tissues.
Among these drugs should be highlighted:
These are herbal remedies that have a structure similar to the natural sex hormones of women. They are widely used not only for medical purposes, but also to protect against premature aging or maintain youthful skin, etc.
Currently, they are more widely used to treat menopause in women, in particular their unpleasant symptoms, such as hot flashes, jumps in blood pressure, as well as anxiety and nervous tension.
Features of drugs:
- They are analogues of hormone replacement therapy, but at the same time inferior to them in their effectiveness. In most cases, the hormones included in the composition are not enough to fully restore their level. But nevertheless they are able to reduce the severity of the manifestations of menopause, especially this is manifested by the low severity of hot flashes and headaches, as well as rises in blood pressure.
- The composition of agents exhibiting phytoestrogenic actions include isoflavones, as well as a smaller amount of lignans and cumestanes. They help maintain the functional activity of the cardiovascular system, and also have an antitumor effect.
Phytohormones include both synthetic drugs sold in pharmacy chains and herbal.
The first include such popular agents for the treatment of menopause and, in particular, hot flashes, such as:
- Klimadinon. The product is made on the basis of tsififugi, primarily affecting the maintenance of the functional state of the autonomic nervous system, as well as reduce irritability, fatigue and sleep problems. The effect, as a rule, occurs after the first week of administration.
- Remens. The drug is involved in maintaining hormonal homeostasis, which helps to cope with problems such as hot flashes, dizziness, heart palpitations, etc.
- Feminine. Remedy for menopause, which is a dietary supplement. He copes with the frequent manifestation of hot flashes, due to the red clover, which is part of the natural phytoestrogen.
Also, ready-made phytohormones can be replaced by plant components, the content of I in the following herbs:
- Oregano. Due to the contained thymol and ether compounds, as well as ascorbic acid, it helps to cope with hot flashes and normalize sleep. To do this, it is enough to brew one teaspoon of dry grass in a glass of boiling water, and then insist before the mixture reaches room temperature. You can use it up to 3 times a day. After prolonged use, a significant rejuvenating effect on the ovaries appears, which can delay the onset of menopause.
- Air. Calamus roots relieve such vasomotor manifestations as migraines, pain and dizziness, which is also one of the components of hot flashes with menopause. To obtain a useful solution, you need to grind the roots of the plant in the volume of one teaspoon to dissolve in 200 ml of hot water, then insist the mixture for 6 to 7 hours. The resulting mixture is consumed in a volume of 100 ml per day, preferably before meals.
- Rowan. These are useful berries that contain a large number of phytoestrogens. They not only eliminate hot flashes, but also deliver the necessary vitamins and minerals to the body in large quantities, which helps to combat the increased deposition of cholesterol and the inadequate functioning of the autonomic nervous system.
Folk remedies for relieving tides
Folk recipes for infusions:
- Infusion of hawthorn. In order to reduce the severity of tides and reduce the amount, especially in the initial stages of menopause, as well as after its onset. To prepare this product, a mixture of fruits or flowers of hawthorn is calculated per 5 grams per 200 ml of boiled water. Hawthorn in this case should be as mature as possible. The resulting mixture is left to infuse in a thermos for one hour, after which they consume 100 ml twice a day. It is recommended to take tincture before eating.
In another case, you can mix a mixture of hawthorn with 95% alcohol. To do this, take 100 grams of hawthorn in flowers or fruits and pour vodka in a volume of 1000 ml. The duration of the infusion is different, but should be at least 14-15 days. After the exposure time, the mixture is filtered and left to be stored in a dark place at room temperature. Use it at 30 drops per day. The only drawback of this type of drug is the presence of alcohol, which may be a contraindication for some diseases, the presence of dependence on this substance, as well as driving vehicles. But at the same time, this particular solution helps to cope not only with hot flashes, but also to reduce the negative impact on the cardiovascular system, as well as calm the nervous system.
- Infusion of red clover. This plant is quite effective in combating menopause, in particular hot flashes. To obtain it, you need to take a tablespoon of dry red clover and pour boiling water, after which leave the mixture until it cools, it is better to cover it with a towel for greater nutrient output. After which the solution is drunk in a volume of 100 ml throughout the day, in some cases the volume is divided into several doses. It is advisable to use it before meals, so there is a more rapid absorption and there is no side effect on the stomach. Clover is known for its phytoestrogens, i.e. substances that have an affinity in their composition for natural female hormones. Full replacement does not occur, but the clinic of tides and other manifestations is significantly reduced.
The following types of medicinal herbs commonly found everywhere can cope with the symptoms of menopause, in particular hot flashes.
- Sage in leaves, from which you can make juice, or use it as an additive to tea, as well as brew yourself. When using juice, it is used in the amount of one tablespoon per day, and when used in the form of a decoction, up to 30 grams of dry grass.
The course of therapy when drinking tea will help to be quite long and reach 15 to 20 days, since the risk of shelf effects is minimal.
- In some cases, a combination of valerian, sage and horsetail is taken. For this, plants are taken in equal concentration, and poured with a solution of hot, but not boiling water. The mixture is infused until cooling, after which it is filtered and used inside. 100 ml per day are used for 7 days, as well as periods of exacerbation of manifestations.
Reviews of women about hot flashes with menopause:
What are hot flashes during menopause (menopause)?
With menopause, many women often experience a short fever in the morning and evening. Such a sudden sensation of warmth in different parts of the body, which is accompanied by reddening of the skin, is called hot flashes. Sometimes hot flashes during menopause occur not only in the sutra and in the evening, but also at night, which negatively affects a dream.
What can provoke the appearance of hot flashes with menopause?
Most often, hot flashes with menopause appear in women due to exposure to an additional irritant. But such hot flashes during menopause are an absolutely natural occurrence. The causes of hot flashes are numerous. The main causes of hot flashes during menopause are depressive conditions, frequent or severe stress, smoking, overeating sweets, caffeine and alcohol, too spicy foods, very hot dishes, high air temperature and stuffiness. Often women do not know how long the hot flashes will be during menstruation and they will turn to a gynecologist with such a question. Based on the statistics of observations of symptoms in women of different ages with the onset of menopause, we can conclude that hot flashes can appear for several years after the onset of menopause. But such hot flashes after menopause can last no more than a year. The appearance of hot flashes during menstruation largely depends on the characteristics of the woman’s health status. But there are cases when the hot flashes after menopause may not pass for many years.
In some women, such symptoms may appear at night or in the evening. Such evening or night tides of heat can appear in a woman with great intensity. And before the onset of hot flashes, the skin in the upper body turns red. Tides are often accompanied by palpitations, heaviness and discomfort in the abdomen, headache, weakness and irritability.
How do hot flashes occur during menopause?
Every woman has heat attacks in different ways. Their frequency, duration and severity in each case is individual. There is a positive trend, which is expressed in rarer cases of strong tides, which must be treated with medication. Most women experience mild symptoms of menopause.
Often, those who have had breast cancer suffer more from hot flashes than other women. The appearance of strong tides is also noted when menopause occurs very quickly.
Women who suffer greatly from the manifestations of menopause include those who have had their ovaries removed. The same applies to cases of menopause after chemotherapy. The risk group also includes older smokers and overweight women.
For how long do menopause occur? When to contact a doctor?
All women occasionally develop fever for at least 12 months. In some cases, this symptom can be experienced up to 10 years in a row.
Almost all women normally tolerate hot flashes during menopause. This allows you not to visit a doctor, but to overcome heat attacks without medical intervention. Contact a doctor urgently if:
- Hot flashes with menopause adversely affect a woman’s activities, interfering with her work and rest,
- Insomnia appears
- Dizziness, fever and anxiety accompany the symptoms of menopause.
How to cope with hot flashes with menopause?
Recommendations for relieving hot flashes during menopause:
- Less worry on every occasion,
- Organize your day so that everything is in time,
- Avoid stressful situations
- Do not drink coffee or minimize its consumption, you can replace it with a decaffeinated drink,
- Abstain from drinking,
- Give up spicy and spicy,
- Smokers better get rid of the addiction
- Try not to be in stuffy rooms,
- Avoid situations that often lead to heat,
- To eliminate night tides, before going to bed, ventilate the bedroom and keep it cool within reason,
- You can cool the pillow before going to bed,
- At night tides, which are accompanied by a strong release of sweat, you should sleep in pajamas made of cotton, and cover yourself with a thinner blanket. Bed linen should only be made of cotton,
- Before going to bed, you should take a cold shower,
- To prevent overheating, it is necessary to dress in layers, so that in case of high tide you can remove the top layer of clothing,
- All clothing should be made of natural fabrics and it is better to abandon sweaters with a throat, preferring with an open neck,
- Для сокращения количества приливов лучше ежедневно прогуливаться на свежем воздухе,
- Стараться вместо лифта пользоваться лестницей,
- Делать различные физические упражнения, которые не только сократят количество приступов жара, но и помогут хорошо спать ночью,
- If you feel that the tide is approaching, you need to sit down and take a few deep breaths,
- Do not take hot baths and showers, do not go to baths and saunas,
- Always take cold water with you
- Freshen indoor air with a fan or air conditioner,
- Sign up for a massage or yoga.
Effective treatment of hot flashes with menopause
Herbal treatment for hot flashes during menopause is called herbal medicine. Regarding the symptoms of menopause, some herbs are really effective, which is confirmed by some doctors and women who have experienced them on their own.
One of these plants that came from North America is the black stalk. Its action is based on the estrogen contained in it. This plant is quite popular and widely used in its homeland. There is a theory that plant estrogens are able to compensate for the amount of female sex hormones during menopause. In the early 2000s, scientists proved that the rhizome of the stalker weakens the manifestations of menopause and does not cause any harm to health when used regularly for six months. In our country, this plant is sold as a food supplement with additional plant components.
Hot flashes with menopause can also be treated with evening primrose oil. The effectiveness of this drug has not been scientifically confirmed, although some women who tested it were satisfied with the result. This drug is available in capsule form of a dietary supplement.
Flaxseed oil also has a positive effect, it is often used as an additional tool for the treatment of hot flashes with menopause. On this occasion, a study was conducted in which two groups of women took part. The first group took linseed oil, and the second placebo. In the first case, rarer and weaker tides were noted than in the second.
And about how to take birth control pills for menopause and what their effectiveness can be, read the article: birth control pills for menopause, when and in which cases birth control pills are prescribed for menopause.
Medication for hot flashes with menopause (menopause)
With manifestations of menopause, drugs with a hormonal composition are usually prescribed. Such treatment of hot flashes with menopause is far from suitable for everyone, as it can cause side effects. You can use medicines only in extreme cases, when the tides cannot be transferred independently. When the doctor will prescribe hormonal drugs for the treatment of hot flashes with menopause, it is better to immediately clarify all the positive and negative consequences of its use.
Treatment of hot flashes with HRT (hormone replacement therapy)
- Hot flashes
- Dryness, discomfort in the vagina,
- Sudden mood changes,
- Decreased sex drive,
- Flushing calcium from bones.
During the treatment of hot flashes with menopause with hormonal drugs, there is a risk of such conditions:
- Myocardial infarction
- Endometrial cancer
- Mammary cancer.
The above circumstances should be taken into account when prescribing hormone replacement therapy used to treat symptoms and reduce the intensity of signs of menopause. The specialist should prescribe medication taking into account the condition of the woman’s body and the presence of any contraindications or diseases that can lead to negative consequences. Such treatment of hot flashes in menopause with hormonal drugs is contraindicated for those who have had breast cancer in the past. There are also other factors that are not compatible with the use of drugs with hormones and should be taken into account by the doctor.
Medicines that are prescribed to treat menopause symptoms come in three forms:
Treatment of menopause flushes with hormonal OK (oral contraceptives), birth control pills
It is known that combined oral contraceptives contain sex hormones necessary for a woman, a lack of which is observed during menopause. In some cases, specialists prescribe hormonal OC (oral contraceptives) in the menopause.
Birth control pills are often used if, in addition to hot flashes, there are irregular spotting from the vagina, the origin of which depends only on the onset of menopause. Also during the application of such treatment it is impossible to get pregnant. But smokers oral contraceptives from the age of 35 years are contraindicated. Hormonal drugs are prescribed to treat the symptoms of menopause only by a specialist who is competent in choosing a specific remedy in a particular situation. In no case should you choose hormonal birth control pills for the treatment of hot flashes during menopause. Sometimes improper treatment with hormonal oral contraceptives can be fatal. If during menopause there are spotting from the vagina of an unhealthy type or too much discharge, it is recommended to see a gynecologist.
Antidepressants for the treatment of hot flashes with menopause
For most women, antidepressants can help overcome the high tides of menopause. This is possible due to the establishment of an exchange of serotonin. There are many drugs of this kind, but they can also lead to negative consequences or have strong side effects. Sometimes due to the use of antidepressants, libido decreases. In some cases, light sedatives, which calm the nervous system well, do an excellent job with the tides.
There is information about the positive effects of vitamin E. This substance is able to reduce the manifestation of hot flashes, if taken per day no more than 400 units. Vitamin E is part of many complex medications that doctors prescribe to combat the symptoms of menopause. Despite the fact that the effectiveness of this substance at high tides has not been scientifically confirmed, many women have nevertheless noticed an improvement in well-being when taking it.
During hot flashes during menopause, blood pressure often rises. To lower it, appropriate medications are used, due to which the number of heat attacks is also reduced. Reception of such medicines should be carried out only under the supervision of a doctor.
What should I do if I have hot flashes during menopause (menopause)?
Tides can cause minor troubles, and can also worsen the quality of life. They occur with a frequency of several times to 20-30 per day. Duration also ranges from 30 seconds to several minutes. In women who have had early or artificial menopause, hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause, as a rule, are more severe and protracted. In the case of strong and rapid tides, which cannot be handled independently, medication may be needed. The right decision in such a situation would be going to the doctor, who will choose the best medicine in a particular case. The specialist will be able, taking into account the state of the body, to choose a drug that will leave a minimum of negative consequences and bring maximum benefit.
How can I understand that I will soon have a hot flush with menopause?
Some women with high efficiency can teach you to control hot flashes during menstruation, determining their approximation in time according to certain symptoms and signs of hot flashes. To choose for yourself the most effective ways to get rid of hot flashes with menopause, you need to identify and analyze the main factors that affect the appearance of hot flashes. In this case, you need to determine for yourself what time of day the hot flashes occur (in the morning, afternoon, evening or night), whether it was hot in the room where the hot flush occurred, what intensity the tide had under certain circumstances. It should also be noted what kind of food you ate shortly before the onset of hot flashes, whether there were stresses, whether there was excitement, what mood was there, whether there were any emotional irritants, whether the woman was physically tired, or if the woman slept. Compliance with the daily routine and proper nutrition, along with protecting yourself from depression, irritability, severe stress, all these are factors that, with high intensity, will help a woman get rid of hot flashes during menstruation or significantly reduce their intensity.
How to deal with heat at high tides?
To reduce the intensity of hot flashes during menopause, you need to try to carry cool or cold water with you, try not to be late for anything, so you don’t rush to meet later. Haste, running and excitement greatly affect the intensity of the hot flush after menopause, if it appears at this time. Cold and fresh air also helps with a flush of heat, try to exacerbate symptoms and exacerbate the tide during menstruation to go out into the fresh air and relax. The appearance of the tide is most often associated with nervous strain, excitement, stress, therefore, if a woman can calm down, she will significantly reduce the soreness of the hot flush with menopause. Deep inhalation and exhalation, concentration on a neutral topic or subject will help reduce excitement and reduce symptoms of hot flashes. And if the tides are often repeated and too intense, it is recommended to see a gynecologist, because perhaps hot flashes after menopause in this case can talk about the development of certain gynecological diseases, indicate hormonal failure, or be a symptom of another dangerous problem.
Is it possible to get pregnant during menopause Periods of menopause women meet differently. One falls into despondency and depression in anticipation of old age. Another, happy about the changes in the work of his body, because now there is no need to worry ...
What is menopause? Menopause (menopause) is the period in a woman’s life when she no longer has her period. Someday this will happen to every woman. It is also worth noting that menopause does not start suddenly. ...
Uterine bleeding during menopause Climax is a period of extinction of childbearing function, characterized by an unstable hormonal background, which provokes menstrual irregularities. The approach of menopause can be judged by the presence of the following signs: irregular menstruation, increased fatigue, insomnia, ...