Pumpkin - 400 grams
Wheat flour - 3 tablespoons
Chicken eggs - 2 pieces
Vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons
Salt - 1 teaspoon
How to fry pumpkin in batter
Wash the pumpkin and peel it. Cut into thin slices. To prepare a batter: beat egg whites and mix them with flour and salt so that a homogeneous mass is obtained.
Heat the pan, pour vegetable oil. Dip each slice of pumpkin in a batter and put in a frying pan. Fry pumpkin slices for 7 minutes on each side without a lid.
Fried pumpkin with tomatoes
Pumpkin - 150 grams
Tomatoes - 150 grams
Garlic - 2 prongs
Fresh dill - 3 branches
Flour - 1 tablespoon
Salt - half a teaspoon
Dry basil - 10 grams
Ground black pepper - a pinch
Olive oil - 2 tablespoons (for frying)
1. Peel a piece of pumpkin weighing 150 grams.
2. Cut across the plates with a thickness of 3 millimeters, put in a bowl, salt.
3. Wash the tomatoes, blot the water, cut the tomatoes into slices 5 mm thick.
4. Finely chop 2 garlic cloves.
5. Finely chop 3 branches of dill.
6. Pour a tablespoon of flour into a plate, add basil and black pepper. Mix everything.
Frying pumpkin with tomato
1. Put a frying pan over medium heat, pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into it.
2. While the oil is warming up, brew slices of pumpkin in a mixture of flour and spices: put each piece in a mixture and turn it several times.
3. Spread breaded pumpkin slices in a skillet. Fry for 3 minutes on each side.
4. Flatten the prepared pumpkin in a plate in which the dish will be served to the table.
5. Pour half a tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet, add garlic. Fry for 1 minute over medium heat.
6. Sprinkle roasted garlic evenly over slices of pumpkin.
7. Pour the remaining olive oil into the pan and carefully place the slices of tomato previously breaded in the remaining flour mixture. Fry over medium heat for 1 minute, turn over, trying to maintain the shape of the pieces, fry for another 1 minute.
8. Put tomato slices in a plate with pumpkin.
Sprinkle with dill and serve.
- A piece of pumpkin cut along the entire vegetable (lobule shape) is called a bend.
- As an independent dish, fried pumpkin is served with sour cream or any spicy sauce.
Pumpkin, cut into strips and fried in vegetable oil, is an exquisite side dish for meat dishes. Fried pumpkin for dessert is served with jam, honey or sugar.
- The pumpkin is devoid of pronounced taste and smell, therefore, it is combined with most spices. Slices of fried pumpkin are sprinkled with vanilla sugar or ground cinnamon in the preparation of desserts. Parsley, dill, basil, garlic, black pepper - add to the fried pumpkin, if the dish needs to give a sharp taste. Mix dry herbs and spices and roll pieces of pumpkin in them before frying.
- To reduce the time of frying pumpkin, boil slices of vegetable for 3 minutes, cool and fry.
- If the pumpkin is juicy, instead of fried, you can get stewed pumpkin. It is better to remove excess moisture: put pieces of pumpkin in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. After 30 minutes, proceed to frying - the pieces of pumpkin will be dense and crispy.
How to cook fried pumpkin in a pan, like potatoes
- We clean the pumpkin in advance. Cut the pulp into pieces so that their thickness is 0.5-0.7 cm. Too thin can turn into porridge during the frying process, and thick ones will take a long time to cook. Therefore, choose the average size. Salt the chopped pumpkin and mix to distribute the salt evenly.
- We heat the pan, pour a small amount of sunflower (preferably refined) oil into it. We spread the pumpkin and fry without a lid over medium heat. Periodically, you should approach the stove and mix the contents of the pan. Cooking time for fried pumpkin is about the same as potato. It all depends on the size of the slices of the vegetable and on the fire. It is convenient to mix the pumpkin on both sides with two spoons or spatulas. So the shape of the pieces is maximally preserved.
- Make sure that the pumpkin does not overcook and does not turn into mashed potatoes. As soon as the pieces become soft, but still keep their shape, you immediately need to remove the dish from the heat. Otherwise, it will lose its appearance. At the end of cooking, add black ground pepper or a mixture of peppers to your taste. If you wish, you can enhance the taste with the usual component - crushed garlic. This also needs to be done at the end of frying. Add, mix and turn off the heat.
- Served fried pumpkin, as well as hot potatoes. It is also combined with different products and dishes. This time I had minced sauce “A la Bolognese”, and as a salad green tomatoes in Korean. It turned out delicious, unusual and satisfying.
- If you have a lot of pumpkins in your house, I recommend using it sometimes instead of potatoes. It turns out delicious and also varied.
How to fry a pumpkin with garlic in a pan:
- crush the garlic without peeling, and leave it to fry with oil, then remove from the pan, and fry the pumpkin in this fragrant garlic spirit,
- finely chopped garlic, dilute with a small amount of yogurt and pour it on fried pumpkin almost at the very end of frying,
- pour the fried pumpkin with garlic sauce directly when serving the dish.
Step by step recipe with photo:
Step 1. Cut the whole pumpkin in half, put one half in the refrigerator, and we will cook from the other. Then peel it off the thick peel and remove the seeds. Cut into thin slices.
Step 2. Pour vegetable oil into a pan, then fry each piece first on one side for 3-5 minutes, then on the other. And salt it.
Step 3. Spread the finished pieces of pumpkin on a napkin to allow the glass to oil. And you're done!
Another original recipe for pumpkin cooked in breadcrumbs. It takes literally 10 minutes to cook. And so, for 4 persons we take the following:
- Pumpkin - 250 gr.
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Breadcrumbs - 3 tbsp. l
- Spices for Georgian cuisine - 1 tbsp. l
- Sunflower oil - 50 ml.
- Salt - to taste
Step by step recipe with photo:
Step 1. Wash and peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut into circles. Then dip them in cold salted water.
Step 2. In a bowl, beat the egg with spices. Put breadcrumbs in another plate.
Step 3. Next, remove the pieces of pumpkin from the water and pat it in a napkin. Heat sunflower oil in a pan. Take each circle one at a time and dip first in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumbs and in the pan. Fry one minute each side.
Step 4. Put the finished pumpkin on a napkin and you're done!
Roasted pumpkin with spices
For the preparation of this amazing recipe for fried pumpkin with garlic and sour cream. For 4 people we take:
- Pumpkin - 1 kg.
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Breading flour
- Spices and salt to taste
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Sour cream to taste
Step by step recipe.
Step 1. Cut the thick peel from the pumpkin, remove the seeds. And cut into slices or slices as you like best. Salt it, add spices and leave for some time. Pumpkin should give juice.
Step 2. Then pour the flour into the plate. We will use it for breading. Heat the oil in a pan, then roll each piece first in flour, then fry on both sides until cooked.
Step 3. Then put the fried pumpkin in a pan, cut the greens and garlic. From the latter you get a subtle aroma. Serve with sour cream. Bon Appetit!
Step by step cooking method.
Step 1. Peel the pumpkin, cut off the thick peel. Cut the pumpkin into small slices
Step 2. Take a deep plate and sprinkle flour. Add salt and "suneli hops" seasoning.
Step 3. In another plate, beat the egg with mayonnaise. Add a little chopped onion and other spices to your taste.
Step 4. At the final step, take a frying pan, add a little sunflower oil for frying. When the oil in the pan is hot take each piece of pumpkin, dip first in the egg mixture, then in the flour. Fry on both sides. The pumpkin should be browned.
Pumpkin dessert in a pan
And the last recipe for this article is pumpkins with sugar and apple. This amazing recipe is perfect for dinner for the whole family. For 4 people we take the following:
- Pumpkin - 500 gr.
- Butter - 60 gr.
- Apple - 3 pcs.
- Sugar - 5 tbsp. l
- Cinnamon - 1 pinch
- Raisins - 50 gr.
- Water - 100 ml.
- Walnuts - optional
That’s all for me. I am very glad that you read all the recipes that I presented in this article. I really hope that they will help you. New recipes are regularly published on my blog, and in order not to miss anything, subscribe to updates. I would be grateful if you share my recipes with your friends on social networks.