Share this page with your friends:
There are many reasons why you might need to perform a full reset to the factory settings of your Amazon Kindle Fire smartphone (Hard Reset). Typically, this procedure is performed to restore the health of the system, which was violated by viruses, deleting system files, "clumsy" firmware updates and many other things. Hard Reset is very easy to execute on any smartphone, but you should be aware of the consequences of this action and be able to backup your system and files. All of this we will describe in detail below.
How to create a backup?
Attention! Resetting will erase all data on the Amazon Kindle Fire. If you did not save a backup copy of contacts, images, videos, documents and everything else, then you must do this, otherwise you will lose all the personal information that was on the device.
In order not to lose your data, follow these recommendations.
- Drop photos, documents and videos onto your computer via the USB cable. You can also use Google Photos to backup images, and the Google Drive cloud service is suitable for documents and folders, but you can “upload” the number of files to it. To expand the storage will have to pay.
- In order not to lose contacts and applications, activate synchronization with the cloud in the settings. Go to the "System" - "Advanced" - "Backup" path. Turn on backup to your Google Account.
Once you're done, you can run the Amazon Kindle Fire Hard Reset.
Samsung Galaxy S7 (Samsung Experience Shell)
- Go to settings convenient for you.
- At the bottom, click on the “General Settings” tab.
- Select Reset (Archive and Reset).
- Tap on "Reset Data."
- Press the blue reset button.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Next”.
- Click “Delete All” (“Reset Device”).
Your phone will restart. It remains to configure it, as after the purchase.
Redmi Note 5 (MIUI firmware)
- Open Settings.
- Go to the "Advanced Settings" window.
- Click "Backup and Reset."
- Select "Reset Settings."
- To delete absolutely all applications and files, check the "Clear internal memory" box.
- It remains to click on "Reset Settings" and enter the password, if necessary.
Attention! As you can see, the main thing is to find the "Reset" section. In order not to “wander” in all parameters in the search for the right menu, it’s easier to enter the “Reset” query into the search window on the main page. Select the desired menu from the proposed list and you will immediately get into it. And then everything, as in the instructions.
How to perform Amazon Reset Amazon Kindle Fire through Recovery?
This is a relevant method if there is a malfunction on the phone that prevents it from loading. It is for such cases that you need a recovery mode through which Hard Reset will need to be performed.
- If your phone is on, turn it off.
- Hold the power and volume down buttons (if nothing happens, read our separate article on how to enter Recovery).
- Instead of loading normally, you will see a menu where navigation is performed using the volume keys (move the cursor) and power (select).
- Go down to the “Wipe data / factory reset” category and click on it with the power button.
- Highlight “Yes” to confirm the reset.
Upon completion of the reset, the device will go into reboot and will display a standard welcome and settings window. Again, the menu names may vary slightly depending on the model.