Most office workers consider it a part of normal life to be attached to the desktop, typing something on a computer for 8 hours a day. Nevertheless, sitting at a computer all day does not have a very good effect on the body, as this can lead to back pain due to poor posture, excessive eye strain, not to mention other consequences. On the other hand, sedentary work is not so difficult for our health. If you are one of those people who sit at the computer all day, then we have a few simple steps, following which you will improve your posture and maintain your health.
1. Press sitting
In fact, the press can be pumped up and sitting, not laying on the floor in the middle of the office. To do this, you need to sit upright, straighten your back, tighten the muscles of your buttocks, take a deep breath and sharply draw in your stomach as you exhale. So repeat about 50 times. Holding your breath is unnecessary. It is the muscles of the press that work, not the diaphragm.
The oblique muscles of the abdomen can be trained by tilting to the sides, also in a sitting position. To heighten the effect, fold your arms into the lock on the back of your head, spreading your elbows to the sides.
2. Raising the legs on the chair
And this exercise pumps the lower abs, as well as the flexor muscles of the hips. Sit exactly on the edge of the chair, put your hands on the chair a little behind you (you can hold on to the seat) and raise your bent legs up. No need to press your knees to your chest to immediately attract everyone's attention. Legs do not rise high, but you need to do at least 20 times.
3. Toe lifts
This is an ideal exercise in order to disperse the blood flow through the vessels after sitting for a long time in one place without movement. It also works well on the work and tone of the calf muscles and helps improve balance. Well, who wouldn’t want to boast of sexy, fit, high-heeled calf?
All you need to do is to stand behind the chair, holding your hands behind the back (or near the wall, holding on to it) and slowly rise on your toes, then carefully lower the heels to the floor. So repeat 10-20 times to start. Gradually, the load can be increased. As a matter of fact, this exercise can be done while sitting at the desk while working. It will be less effective, but it will also bring positive results without letting the blood stagnate.
4. Download triceps
Another exercise that you can do while sitting at your desk will help strengthen your triceps. In general, it’s good to use dumbbells for him. But they can be replaced with water bottles or, for example, heavy books, or other heavy objects that can be found on the table or in its drawers. In general, you can simply take advantage of the weight of your body, but at the same time keeping your hands in good tension.
Sitting on a chair, feed the body as far forward as possible, forearms parallel to the floor, hands vertically with palms facing the body. On the count of times, straighten your arms with weights, stretching them back, on the count of two to return to its original position. Repeat 10-20 times. An imbalance of muscles leads to frequent pain in the hands and slight injuries, so you need to train not only biceps, but also triceps.
5. Sitting by the wall
Sitting against the wall will help tone the muscles of the legs and hips, as well as make them stronger and more durable. At first, this may seem unrealistic, but over time, practice will prove that this is not so, and each movement will be made easier and simpler. This exercise is also good because it gives you the opportunity to tear yourself away from the computer and get out of the chair, giving your eyes and fifth point a rest.
So, in any office there must be walls, four, at least. At least half of one of them should not be lined with furniture. You need to go up to this wall and imitate sitting on a chair near it. To do this, press your back against the wall tightly, and put your legs further forward. Lowering the pelvis down along the wall, reach a sitting position: the back is straight, legs bent at the knees at a right angle. Stay in this position for as long as possible. Then get up and continue to work.
Also a good reason to spend some time outside the computer. Squats improve mobility, increase balance and have a beneficial effect on the whole body, since they involve most of the muscles. Not only the muscles of the legs, calves, thighs and buttocks are swaying, but also the muscles of the back, abs and shoulders, since they are all involved in the process.
You need to become exactly in a comfortable position, put your legs at a comfortable width, then lower the pelvis down, feeding the body slightly forward to maintain balance. Imagine that you are sitting on a chair that stands behind, do not push your knees forward, keep your legs as perpendicular to the floor as possible. The pelvis drops to the level of the knees. The trick is also to keep your back perfectly straight, not bend it and not bend forward.
If the office has a strict dress code that forces you to wear tight skirts to the knees, do not think that this will save you from doing the exercise. You can do mini squats, lowering your hips no lower than your knees, hold this position for a few seconds, and then rise.
7. Push-ups from the wall
The last simple exercise that you can easily perform in the office affects the muscles of the chest, back and shoulders, as well as triceps. Push-ups from the wall may not seem so complicated, but here, too, have their own rules and only the correct execution of the exercise can lead to the maximum result without any injuries.
So, stand facing the wall, place your palms on the wall at chest level, with your feet back a little, until the heels stop reaching the floor.
Perform push-ups: inhale approaching the wall, exhale pushing off from it. Firstly, from the top of the head to the heels there should be a perfectly straight line: never protrude the fifth point backward and do not push the pelvis forward. Perfectly even spine line! Secondly, in no case do not fix your elbows, when you straighten your hands, this can lead to injury.
Well, that’s the whole range of office exercises. They do not require much time, or special equipment, or even space. Everything is very simple and has several advantages: firstly, it provides the necessary physical exertion in the absence of the ability to visit the gym, secondly, it kneads the muscles of the whole body, sworn from prolonged sitting at the table, and thirdly, it simply makes it possible to distract and rest from work.
Sedentary computer exercises
Simple and effective exercises for the back during sedentary work will help to avoid the appearance of all these problems, as well as relieve tension from the muscles. Their implementation will help fill the body with energy and strength for the whole day, especially considering that even a small amount of daily physical activity is already beneficial for the body. Before listing all effective sedentary exercises, it is important to note the need for morning exercises, which should last about 5 minutes, which is enough to prepare the body for everyday work.
A set of exercises for charging at work
Finding the body in a constant unnatural and impaired position has a bad effect on well-being and health, leads to pain, poor concentration, blood stasis and the subsequent formation of blood clots. To eliminate them, exercises with sitting work are successfully applied.. They absorbed gymnastics during sedentary work for most parts of the body, are unpretentious and simple, are easily performed at the workplace, as they require little time, and the result is hard to overestimate, given that for classes you only need a chair.
Exercises for the back at work
- sitting on a chair, hands join in the lock behind the back, shoulder blades are brought together, hands are laid back. Good posture is useful for doing it, because the smoother the back, the easier it will be to join hands, but if you can’t do this, you can take a pencil in them. Feel your muscles stretch. The exercise improves blood circulation in the muscles of the back,
- hands are connected to the castle in front of themselves and stretched forward. The head looks down, the stomach is retracted, and as you exhale, your arms are extended forward as far as possible. The upper back stretches remarkably,
- The exercise is also performed while sitting on a chair. The legs are set wide, the hands rest on the hips. Then, alternating body turns to the sides are performed with a slight delay. So you pull the muscles of the middle back, lower back.
Perform each exercise for as long as you need. Feel muscle relaxation, pleasant tingling sensation. If you feel relief, the exercise can be completed.
Exercises to stretch the spine at work are extremely important, since it takes on the lion's share of the load. There are many of them and they vary depending on the situation and opportunities at work. You can always allocate a little time for their implementation, even if the work schedule is very busy. If you have the opportunity to watch videos at work and do a set of exercises to charge them at work, it will be even better. Use the video from this article. Those interested can see how to perform boring exercises at work.
Exercises for the abs
With sedentary work, weakening of the abdominal muscles, which is fraught with both a deterioration in the overall appearance and the emergence of various diseases, therefore, exercises for women while sitting are especially important, because they follow the figure more strongly than men. For preventive purposes, it is required to do exercises for the press at work as often as possible throughout the day:
- Sitting. The belly is retracted for 5 sec, then returns to its original position. At first, 10 repetitions are enough, but gradually their number and execution time increase. Certainly this is the main press exercise at workinvolving all abdominal muscles
- Sitting on a chair. The body tilts left and right. When doing the back remains straight, arms down. When exhaling, the lowering of the body occurs, on inhalation - return to the initial position. To start, 10 repetitions are enough, over time, their number is desirable to increase,
- Sitting or standing. The abdominal muscles are kept in static tension for 5 secondsthen relax. Gradually, you can also increase the duration of the press tension.
Seated neck exercises
All exercises are performed sitting or standing, as you wish:
- the chin drops to the chest, then the head gently turns back in an attempt to look behind. Breathing also needs to be controlled - neck flexion is done on inhalation, and extension is done on exhalation. It is carried out 5 times,
- head turns to the side, is fixed, after which it is rotated in the other direction. 5-10 repetitions are made,
- 5-10 different numbers or letters are carefully drawn with your nose in the air. The neck should move in full amplitude,
- the head rotates 2-4 times clockwise, then against her. Perfectly trains the neck, kneads the vertebrae. Extremely effective exercise when working at the computer,
- hands folded in the lock cover the back of the head and press on it, the head turns out to be resistance, which develops the neck muscles remarkably,
- the head goes down, the muscles relax and the shoulders rise as high as possible with a delay of a few seconds.
Lose weight at work!
Often, sedentary work helps to reduce muscle elasticity in the waist and hips, as well as the formation of fat pillows. Integrated exercise for weight loss at work, which helps to combat this effectively, should be repeated at least 4-5 times a week:
- Standing up Rope jumping simulation, which are performed either on two legs, or on each in turn.
- Standing up Hands crossed overhead. Are produced lunges on each leg - 10 times.
- Standing up Feet are placed parallel to each other at a distance of 45-50 cm. squat until the shins reach a level perpendicular to the floor, and the hips - parallel. It is necessary to stand in this position for as long as possible.
- Sitting on a chair. Hands hold on to him, and legs are smoothly pulled to the body, after which they return to their initial position - 10 times.
- Standing up Classic squats. The main condition is a straight back and inadmissibility of separation of the heels from the floor - 20 times.
During working hours it is recommended to walk more, for example, passing something to colleagues, on the stairs. You can talk on the phone or view papers while standing, which, although briefly, will unload the spine, and at lunch breaks you can arrange short walks.
It is advisable for everyone to decide which exercises are appropriate for sedentary work, because if working at the computer takes up a very small part of the working day, then perhaps nothing is wrong with the body. But, if in a sitting position the whole week goes from morning to evening, charging at work is simply obligatory. In addition, gymnastics at work with a sedentary lifestyle will make it possible to involve colleagues with whom it will be possible to take care of the figure and health together. Its regular and diligent implementation will soon make you feel better, and work will begin to give pleasure. After the workflow, you can engage in such an interesting sport as bungee fitness.
Sitting on a chair, stretch your legs under the table and bend your feet. So you pull your calves. Do 10 times for each leg. So, without getting up from your chair, you can disperse the blood and increase its flow to the muscles. And do not forget that after all it is sometimes useful to tear yourself away from the computer and walk.
Do not forget to like and share the article with your friends.