Second course recipes → Cutlets
Sauces Recipes → Tomato sauce
If you like potato casseroles, then this option in the form of potato cutlets with meat inside will definitely be to your taste. And such potato patties with minced meat are prepared very easily.
Tomato paste sauces - delicious recipes
Tomatoes are one of the most beloved vegetables not only in our country, but also around the world. The pasta prepared on their basis is not far behind fresh tomatoes in popularity.
Although in terms of demand, they can still compete.
After all, even in the summer, when every housewife has fresh tomatoes in the kitchen, many prefer to use just pasta for cooking, especially when it comes to creating a sauce.
What is the secret of the popularity of tomato paste, how to choose it, and of course what recipes for sauces based on it exist, we will consider further.
What is tomato paste?
Tomatoes are grown and eaten by people around the world, but still Italy can be safely called their homeland.
No, this is not because it was here that the shrub, cultivated before for purely decorative purposes, was first considered as a cultivated plant with edible fruits.
Italians were able to truly appreciate the taste of the vegetable, learned to use it as the main and additional ingredient in different dishes. So is tomato paste.
Do you know what the first recipes of her preparation looked like?
Tomatoes were cut into thin slices, mashed by hand with a wooden mortar and roasted under the scorching sun.
Canned mashed mass began only at the beginning of the twentieth century.
How to choose tomato paste?
The recipe for making tomato paste is standard. But why then on the shelves of supermarkets we are met by such a variety and how to make the right choice.
Everything is very simple.
Pasta made from tomatoes can be of different grades:
- the first is purely natural puree without additives and flavorings. It can be red, and yellow, and brown. It costs an order of magnitude more than other offers. The main difference is the short shelf life,
- the second is when only tomatoes without colorants and flavorings are used to make pasta, but preservatives are used to extend the shelf life. This is the most common type of tomato paste. We use it in most cases,
- third. This type of tomato paste is very popular in the field of catering. In an effort to save on products and increase their earnings, cooks quite often use a miserable semblance of tomato paste. In the finished tomato product, if half is contained, it is already good. Everything else is thickeners, oils and other additives. Of course, you should not attribute this to everyone, but you need to buy ready-made food only from well-established manufacturers.
Now tips for choosing.
- First, carefully read the information on the packaging. If it says not “tomato paste”, but “concentrated tomato juice”, or “tomato puree”, then there can be no complaints against the manufacturer.
- The second - in the puree mass, slices of vegetables or greens are not allowed (although this is exactly what many buyers mistakenly consider a quality indicator), it should have a uniform color and an even dense consistency.
By the way, do not trust the smell of the product. Ready tomato paste just can not smell like fresh tomatoes. Such an aroma can only be obtained using artificial additives.
Tomato paste sauces - proven recipes
On the basis of tomato paste, many dishes are prepared.
This is gravy and a variety of dressings, but the most popular are sauces.
Their undoubted advantages are the speed of preparation, the need to use a minimum amount of additional ingredients, as well as the always positive result that even beginners can achieve.
Sauces based on tomato paste are used for many dishes, and most recipes are universal.
Consider the most popular of them.
Macaroni Tomato Sauce
It is unlikely that pasta will ever lose its popularity.
Easy to prepare, more than affordable. There is only one drawback. As an independent dish, they can not be used. But then, if you choose the right sauce for them, you will be able to cook not just everyday dinner, but a real culinary masterpiece.
Tomato paste in combination with pasta is a classic of the Italian genre.
For 100 grams of pasta you will need:
- 100 ml of milk, the same amount of cream,
- a couple of spoons of flour
- 50-60 gr. Of butter,
- salt and spices to taste.
First you need to fry the flour in a pan with a small amount of oil (optimally, if olive).
When it becomes gently brown, with constant stirring pour in a thin stream of milk, and after cream.
Simmer for about 3-5 minutes, add salt and spices, turn off, cover and let stand for several minutes.
You can go a little more difficult way and cook real Italian tomato sauce for pasta.
A distinctive feature of it is a small speck.
For 100 g of tomato paste, you will need the following ingredients:
- 5-8 cloves of garlic,
- half a spoon of salt and red. ground pepper
- a bunch of fresh herbs (optimal if it is basil),
- slightly oiled.
Note! If the tomato paste is already salted, less salt is needed.
Fry finely chopped garlic in a frying pan with vegetable oil, add tom.paste and half a glass of water, simmer for 3 minutes, add herbs, salt and spices.
Garlic Tomato Sauce
This sauce is considered universal, but is best suited to meat, and baked ham is generally ideal.
For its preparation you will need the following ingredients:
- t. pasta - 3 tablespoons,
- fresh tomatoes or cons. in own. juice - 3 pieces,
- 150-200 ml of meat broth,
- 3-5 cloves of garlic,
- a bunch of cilantro, basil,
- salt and sunli hops to taste.
Fry the garlic until golden brown, add tomato paste to it, pour in the broth, simmer for 7-10 minutes.
Add salt, spices and herbs.
Simmer until the sauce acquires the desired consistency.
Tomato Sauce with Flour
Flour is quite common in a variety of sauces.
It is believed that its main task is to make the product more dense. But a lot also depends on the type of flour.
If you use buckwheat or bran, the taste will become even more piquant.
In a pan, heat a small amount of oil, add tomato paste to it and fry it.
Yes, just fry and only after that add a little water, simmer for 5 minutes, add salt, paprika, a little sugar.
After full thickening, the sauce is ready.
This is a basic recipe.
To get a new taste, you can add any greens, onions, carrots to it.
Tomato sauce with sour cream
The sauce in which sour cream is present always turns out to be very tender.
Cooking it is very simple.
It is enough to fry the onions on the vegetable oil, add to it a couple of spoons of volume pasta and sour cream, knead, add half a glass of water, stew for a couple of minutes, salt and pepper to taste.
Piquant notes can be added with freshly squeezed lemon juice or sprigs of mint.
When serving, it does not hurt to sprinkle the prepared sauce with fresh herbs. Especially good with it is the onion.
Kebab Tomato Sauce
Many “experts” say that properly cooked meat does not need additives.
But at the same time, properly cooked tomato sauce is an integral attribute of barbecue and not at all because it complements the taste of the finished dish, but because it significantly improves the assimilation of meat and all the nutrients contained in it.
The whole secret is in the components.
For 250 ml of tomato paste you will need:
- a large bunch of cilantro,
- 2-3 cloves of garlic,
- 1 table. a spoon of salt
- a little water.
All ingredients are mixed, stewed, and if necessary, favorite spices are added. Serve chilled.
Quick Tomato Pizza Sauce
What pizza without sauce? Beginners and, what to hide, trying to cheat on cooking use ready-made ketchup.
Like this. Stuffing, some role, of course, plays, but still the sauce is more important.
- 100 gr. put the pasta in a preheated pan,
- fry a couple of minutes
- add a tablespoon of butter,
- Add salt and pepper to taste,
- grind, and a minute before being ready, add a pinch of oregano.
Tomato sauce for the winter
Dedicated to lovers of tomato sauce! This universal recipe will come to the rescue, at any time of the year.
Prepare the sauce for future use, the recipe has been tested for years:
- Grind 2 kg of tomatoes in a meat grinder,
- put out over very low heat for 5-7 minutes,
- add onions, to taste sugar and salt, a couple of cloves, half a spoon of black pepper (onions can be pre-fried in a pan),
- at the very end pour in a tablespoon of 9% vinegar.
Arrange on sterilized jars and roll up.
Can be covered with plastic caps. But then you need to store tomato sauce only in the refrigerator.
Hostesses, if you have at least a couple of spoons of tomato paste in the refrigerator, then you are capable of a miracle!
Use the suggested recipes and experiment, create your own!
Tomato paste sauces are delicious.