Soft toys are faithful companions of kids. But they are not only for children. Many adults become passionate and collect teddy bears, dogs, and other animals. They are pleasant, create a relaxing atmosphere in the house. But ... This is a trap for dust and other troubles such as mites. Fortunately, there is an opportunity to take care of them.
Cleaning without washing
Read the label on the product, see if washing is suitable as a cleaning option. If not, try the following tips.
Do not wash the stuffed toy if it:
- contains a game mechanism
- too old, fragile
- filled with small foam balls
- Contains sequins and other hard parts.
If washing is prohibited, be sure to follow this rule. Otherwise, after cleaning, you risk getting irreparably damaged plush. Your soft favorite will look like Mr. Bean's bear. You can clean a soft toy that cannot be washed with a dry method or by wiping with a damp sponge.
Disposal of dust without washing is carried out with a sponge and soapy foam. Moisten a sponge in water with a cleaning agent, wipe a dirty place or the entire surface, leave for half an hour. Clean with a damp sponge. Dry it.
This method is suitable for cleaning old, fragile soft toys that can be damaged by washing.
For cleaning use any absorbent powder, such as soda.
Pour a large amount of soda on the pollution, leave for an hour, rinse with warm water. If you want to clean the whole toy, put it in a bag with soda, leave it for 1 hour, vacuum it well to remove any powder residue. You can also just shake the bag intensively without leaving the soda to act - during shaking it will absorb all the dirt.
Important! In addition to the cleansing properties, soda is considered a natural deodorant that can remove all odors.
If the product cannot be washed, or if it is just not dirty, but you are afraid of bacteria, ticks that can provoke allergies, just freeze it for 24 hours. Frost kills most pathogens, similar to boiling. Pre-vacuum your beloved bear with a vacuum cleaner, pack it in a bag. Then put in the freezer. In winter, a large soft toy can be frozen on the balcony.
A good method of cleaning items that cannot be washed is peeling with potato starch. The cleaning procedure is similar to cleaning with soda:
- Place the product in a bag or trash bag.
- Sprinkle with starch (½ cup for 2-3 medium or 1 big bear).
- Tie up, shock.
- Take out the toy (it is advisable to do this in the bath), remove the starch with a vacuum cleaner.
When using a vacuum cleaner, it is recommended to use the minimum intensity of the device so as not to “injure” the eyes, nose, and other details of the stuffed animal. It is also advisable to replace the usual wide brush used for carpets with a smaller nozzle for furniture upholstery.
Why are dusty toys dangerous?
Talking Luntik, soft developmental cubes, the whole Barboskin family, a huge teddy bear and a myriad of rabbits ... What is there in the toy arsenal of a modern child! Soft toys begin to give the baby from birth. It is not surprising that by the age of two or three they no longer fit in the nursery. Moms rightly call them dust collectors, because removing dust from them is much more difficult than wiping it off the shelf.
Meanwhile, cleaning “plush friends” is a must. In order to fully imagine all the danger that dusty toys carry in themselves, let's see what dust consists of:
- dead skin cells
- parts of the fluff of animals and birds,
- mineral part.
It is terrible to even imagine what consequences such a neighborhood can lead to.
- Ticks, and in particular products of their vital activity, provoke asthma and allergies.
- Microorganisms can cause diphtheria, tetanus, and tuberculosis.
- Mineral components provoke the occurrence of bronchitis.
- Dust is a favorable environment for the propagation of streptococcal and staphylococcal bacteria, which, getting into the intestine, cause bacterial imbalance and provoke increased gas formation, as well as the occurrence of gastritis, dysbiosis and other gastrointestinal diseases.
The remedy for solving this problem is systematic cleaning. Allergists are advised to perform cleaning procedures using detergents once a week or two. Also, during the weekly general cleaning, you can also vacuum up toys along with the apartment.
If spots appear on a soft surface (in homes with young children this is a common occurrence), do not rush to wash it. As a cleaner, a cleaner for upholstered furniture, mainly foam, is well suited.
If you need to clean an expensive product, first try to use the product in an inconspicuous area, checking to see if it violates the color, surface texture, etc.
First, remove dust and surface contaminants with a vacuum cleaner, then apply a cleaning foam to the stains with a brush or sponge, let it work for about 15 minutes (read the instructions), vacuum again, brush it. Instead of special foam, you can use foam from baby soap.
A good stain remover is vinegar diluted in water 1: 1. The action of the solution also needs to be tested in a hidden area, since the acid is able to change the shade of a soft surface.
Each toy has its own way of cleaning.
Before washing a specific toy, you need to analyze which cleaning option is best for it. We list what are the ways:
- dry cleaning
- wet cleaning
- washing in a washing machine,
Also at home, you can disinfect “soft dust collectors” in one or more of the following ways, choosing the most suitable product for yourself:
- steam generator
- ultraviolet lamp,
Soft toys can be divided into several types, each of which will suit one or another cleaning method. More details about these procedures will be discussed below.
The following groups of “soft friends” of a child can be distinguished:
- large in size
- with tiny balls (so-called anti-stress), with glued eyes, nose and other fittings,
- musical, battery powered.
Toys that do not fit into any of the groups listed above can be cleaned and disinfected in any way.
You can vacuum any type of toy. You just need to be careful when handling animals with glued fittings. In places where it is located (usually on the face), it is better to reduce the force of absorption. You can also disinfect any toys with the methods listed above.
Large “plush animals” (a third of human height and more) cannot be washed in a typewriter, and it will also be difficult to cope with them manually, as having collected water, they become unbearable. Dry cleaning is possible if there is a dense package of large size. In case of contamination, stains on them should be cleaned with a damp sponge using children's detergents. That is, in this case, wet cleaning will be appropriate.
Toys assigned to the second group must not be washed in the washing machine. As a rule, the hardware flies off and can clog the drain or other parts of the machine. The same applies to ball-type anti-stress stuffing. Also, do not wash the "animals" in the washing machine, on the labels of which there is a corresponding prohibitory inscription. For toys from this group, dry, wet cleaning and hand washing are suitable.
Representatives of the third group will be correctly refreshed without using water, that is, by dry cleaning. However, if the toy is completely dirty, it can also be washed by first removing the batteries and the music block from it. In some toys, musical blocks are located in a separate velcro pocket - they are convenient to remove before washing and easy to insert into place. In others, the music unit will have to be torn off before washing, and the open space will have to be sewn up. Then re-open a clean toy and sew a block into it.
But there are toys in which the wires are stretched inside throughout the "body". Such a music block cannot be obtained before washing. However, you can still wash the fluff. Often, singing toys calmly tolerate washing, but it is worthwhile to be prepared that during the drying process they will spontaneously sing songs, meow or recite poems.
Baking soda helps clean the toy from dust without using water
Basic cleaning rules
Washing an ordinary toy is not difficult for some, but how to clean one that cannot be washed is a harder task. Initially, you should decide which products should be treated more carefully, which require a certain approach and cleaning rules.
Toys prohibited for washing in the washing machine:
- Made from materials that shed heavily.
- Made from low-quality fabric or poorly stitched, as in the process they can come apart.
- With a little syntepon filling inside.
- Having any electronic device (mechanism) inside, for example, a sound module, a touch mechanism. If hand washing is necessary, then the toy must be unstuck, remove the mechanism from it, sew in the hole and wash. After washing, open, insert the mechanism and sew again.
If the subject of fun fell into this category, then this is no reason not to wash it: dirt, dust, germs are still collecting in a soft thing. In this case, there are several ways to help solve the problem. The methods are divided into two types: dry cleaning and wet cleaning with foam.
A step-by-step description of each washing method
Dry-cleaned toys are easy and safe. The only remedy that is used is baking soda. You will also need a strong plastic bag.
- Put baby toys (2-3 pieces) in a bag.
- Sprinkle baking soda. On average, 0.5-1 glasses are enough, but it all depends on the size of the "animals."
- Tie a bag and shake it vigorously for 3 or 5 minutes.
- Remove the toys and vacuum them, removing soda from the surface.
Wet cleaning allows you to completely not wash the "plush animals", but only to wash away the stains or refresh the "coat". The product needed for this type of cleaning is baby shampoo or baby bath foam.
- Pour water into a bowl, dissolve the selected detergent in it, whisk it in foam. You can also easily make foam by pouring water into the basin with shampoo not from the tap, but through a watering can with strong pressure.
- Apply foam to the sponge and quickly walk over the soft fluffy surface.
- Take a clean, damp (not wet!) Sponge and remove the foam.
- Dry the toy with a bath towel and hang to dry.
- When it dries, brush the bristles to give it the original fluffy appearance.
Wash children's toys in the washing machine, given the following.
- Examine the information on the label. Toys should be washed in accordance with the recommendations of the manufacturers.
- Remove the music blocks, batteries, check that all seams are intact.
- Put the “pussies” in a special bag for delicate washing.
- Select the “delicate wash” program in the menu. As a rule, this mode provides a water temperature of 30 ° C.
- Select the menu item "extra rinse".
- Select the “no spin” item in the menu so that the toy does not deform.
- Pour the powder machine into the powder compartment.
- After washing the toys should be wrung out with a bath towel and hang to dry.
Washing “plush friends” by hand is possible with soaking. This is necessary when heavily soiled.
- Prepare the toys in the same way as machine wash.
- Pour warm water into the basin.
- Dissolve in it a detergent for washing children's things (soap, powder or shampoo).
- Dip the toys into the water for 10 minutes.
- Rinse them well.
- Squeeze the "beasts" to all the glass water, pat them dry with a terry towel and hang to dry.
Soda is known for its cleansing and detoxifying properties. Using this method will help to wash the toy and destroy all the microbes contained in it. When using this method, water is not required.
To clean with soda you will need: a brush, 100 grams of soda, a garbage bag, a cotton towel.
It is necessary to carry out purification, following the step by step instructions:
- Before washing the product, if possible, remove visible impurities from the surface of the fur of a children's toy, a vacuum cleaner is suitable, but it is necessary to use not an ordinary nozzle, but for furniture.
- Pour soda into the bag. Lay the toy in it so that you can then tie it tightly.
- Shake in the hands. This is necessary so that all soda is distributed on the subject of fun. Thus, soda enters the villi, between the fur.
- Leave for one and a half to two hours.
- Lightly wet the towel - this can be done with a spray bottle.
- Take a trinket from a bag, wrap it in a towel.
Important! If the product has stubborn stains, then this method may be ineffective. But if you apply this method several times and use starch, you can achieve a good result and clean the toy completely even from difficult spots.
My plastic "friends"
There are no such restrictions in washing for plastic toys as for soft ones. They do not have to be divided into groups, because all of them can be cleaned under the same conditions. It is worth mentioning separately about toys containing batteries and created using other materials (for example, dolls with hair, horses with manes, etc.). Batteries should be removed before cleaning, and toys with hair should not be washed in a dishwasher, and indeed, hair will deteriorate after washing. Therefore, it is better to separately treat them with a soapy sponge, rinse the foam and wipe dry.
Plastic is a fairly common raw material for the manufacture of toys, and the “friends” of this material have a child no less than plush, and sometimes even more. What are some designers like "Lego"! Therefore, most often they are washed all together.
Cleaning occurs in the following ways:
- in the dishwasher
- in a bathtub with warm soapy water.
For washing plastic "friends" of the baby, children's detergents (soap, shampoo) or soda solution are used. As a disinfection, you can scald them with boiling water. After washing, dry each toy thoroughly before folding them back into the container.
Disinfect "plush friends"
Just washing children's toys is not enough. They need to be disinfected. You can use for this any device from the list above. You can clean “fluffy” with a steam generator. This device allows you to safely and efficiently process toys with steam, while killing tuberculosis bacteria, influenza A viruses, staphylococci, streptococci, Escherichia coli and fungus.
Processing “soft dust collectors” with an ultraviolet lamp at home helps to get rid of dust mites, E. coli, viruses and bacteria. The lamp is turned on for 1 hour in the children's room. The device emits ultraviolet waves, which destroy the DNA of organisms and thereby prevent them from multiplying. At this time, the room should not be either people or pets.
Cold disinfection is the most affordable dust mite control tool for every family. You can carry out the procedure using a freezer or a balcony (in the winter season). Ticks do not tolerate low temperatures, and -10 ºС is already a critical point for them. The freezer can be set in the range from -6 ºС to -24 ºС, depending on the model.
Thus, a conventional freezer allows you to effectively deal with a dust mite that has settled in children's toys.
- Fold the toys in a bag.
- Put the bag in the freezer.
- Leave it there overnight.
- In the morning, take out the bag and leave it at room temperature so that the "plush animals" get warm.
Also, with the help of the cold, you can get rid of the dust mite at home, leaving a bag of toys for the night on the balcony in frosty weather.
Often soft toys sit on shelves for months, collecting dust. They look like new: clean, with fluffy fur. But dust, which is not visible, can cause the baby to feel unwell and provoke the appearance of diseases. Learn to clean the toys properly. Let the teddy bears and soft hares bring only joy!
Wash: is it possible or impossible?
Any toys, especially soft ones, are prone to dust accumulation in large quantities. Therefore, they are an excellent medium for the reproduction of dust mites, germs and bacteria. Therefore, washing and cleaning of such products should be regular and mandatory.
But the answer to the question of whether soft toys can be washed should be indicated on the labels for them. It also indicates at what temperature you can wash the items. If they are missing, then inspect the item, then it will become clear to you: is it possible to wash the toy and how.
There are products that washing is strictly contraindicated.
- Those that have glued parts (eyes and nose, buttons or jewelry made from beads, etc.).
- Too large specimens. Они просто не поместятся в машину-автомат.
- Музыкальные игрушки, потому что их внутренняя часть содержит микросхемы и батарейки, которые могут испортиться при контакте с водой.
- Изделия, чья поверхность оформлена натуральными тканями.
- Toys that have natural organic fillers: sawdust, feather or husk of buckwheat.
How to wash soft toys manually?
Many toys are not allowed to be washed in the washing machine. But do not be upset about this. Hand wash is sometimes better and more gentle than automatic.
When the toy is small and easily squeezed, it must be washed in a certain sequence.
- Fill the pelvis with warm water (temperature about 30 degrees). It needs so much that the toy was completely covered with liquid.
- Soak a toy in water, previously having soaped with soap or laundry detergent. Leave on for 20-30 minutes.
- Rub the product with a brush, if the features of the material allow such procedures.
- Remember to keep the toy in your hands to remove all dirt well. Wring out.
- Rinse it, changing the water several times. Wring out.
- Put to dry on a battery or outside in the sun.
Handwashing soft products requires compliance some recommendations.
- If the toy is designed to develop fine motor skills of the crumbs, then the filler in it will consist of many small balls. Machine wash is prohibited for such heroes. She threatens not only damage to the product, but also breakdown of the washing unit, as the balls can pop out due to seams that spilled from washing.
- Toys with music require a special approach. They need only to be cleaned manually or gently washed with your hands, after removing the musical parts. You will have to rip the product, pull out the batteries and microcircuits, wash, and then put everything in and sew it again.
- Grease stains are removed with ethyl alcohol. It is applied to the pile with a cotton pad before starting the main wash.
- As detergents, you can use only natural baby powders. Do not forget that the health of your son or daughter depends on this.
- Rinsing is an integral part of washing. It must be of high quality. Detergent or soda residues can cause allergic reactions.
- If a toy with music is equipped with electronics from head to toe, then pulling out wires and batteries will not work. This product will have to be dry or slightly wet without water.
How to clean large soft toys that cannot be washed?
In addition to the kids, among the soft toys there are real giants who not only do not fit into the washing machine or basin, but they hardly fit in their hands. In addition, not all fillers can be wetted with water.
For example, similar procedures are contraindicated for organic viscera - sawdust, which after wetting will immediately become unusable. But they need to be cleaned as regularly as other plush items. What to do in this case?
If the toy is small, then you need to act in the following way.
- Take a plastic bag that is larger than the toy you are going to clean. Pack the product in such a way that there is little free space left.
- When cleaning one toy, add one glass of potato starch to the bag. If you put several items in a bag, pour the starch in proportion: one glass of powder per toy.
- Tie the bag with thread or elastic and start shaking it vigorously. You have to sweat for at least 30 minutes.
- Then go over the entire surface of the product with a clothes brush. It will remove starch residues and smooth out the villi.
In a situation when you need to wash a friend of a baby of a larger size, the number of methods is very limited, since it will not be possible to push the product into a bag or into a washing machine. But even such toys need to be cleaned regularly. How to wash large soft toys in this case?
The surest solution is going to dry cleaning. But this option is not always convenient for temporary and financial reasons. Then baking soda will help out, which is applied to the pile, and then gently rubbed and combed with a brush with hard fibers.
A possible alternative is a furniture cleaner. For example, foam ("Vanish"), which well removes visible dirt.
Such toys can be risked to be washed manually, but it is unlikely that the spin issue can be solved. When wet, the furry beast will be very heavy and it will definitely not be possible to unscrew it.
Probably the worst kind of toys. Not only do they collect dust, but the child’s sticky hands wipe well on their “soft coats” ... Young children bite them, and when they are sick, they cough, sneeze, colonizing their pets with bacteria.
Experts, based on the latest data, warn that up to 80% of soft toys have bacteria that can cause food poisoning and many other problems. Tests even revealed a very unpleasant and dangerous fact: ¼ soft pets have traces of stool! Every 5th bear has never been cleaned. Studies recently conducted by an antibacterial soap company showed that 90% of children regularly throw toys on the floor, where they collect various contaminants, bacteria. 75% of parents do not clean teddy bears after a child’s illness. Of course, in families where much attention is paid to taking care of children's health and cleanliness of the house, toys of this type are also often cleaned.
So what to do? Ideally, clean every 2-3 months as instructed.
Teddy bears can be washed by washing. For this, it is preferable to apply a delicate program (temperature 30 ° C). Many mothers successfully wash plush toys even at 40 ° C.
Important! If the manufacturer has indicated on the label a ban on automatic or manual washing, other restrictions on cleaning (e.g. temperature conditions), it is better to follow the recommendations. Otherwise, you risk damaging the surface or filler. This rule applies in particular to toys with batteries.
After washing, dry the teddy bears thoroughly. Most mothers recommend this process in a dryer.
Another opportunity to clean a soft toy at home is to clean it with a mild soapy solution. This option is especially suitable for products with a mechanism inside. Prepare the solution using a neutral-colored baby soap, dampen a sponge in it, and clean the bear or dog.
If your soft pet has balls inside, prepare a solution of water and shampoo. Create a lot of foam, which clean the dirt. Try minimally wetting a soft surface. Wipe with a damp cloth, wipe dry with a dry cloth or towel, and comb with a brush. If there are spots, apply lemon juice on them, dry them in the sun - the sun's rays will help to eliminate dirt.
What should be the wash during quarantine?
In the period of exacerbation of various diseases transmitted by airborne droplets, and other infections and viruses, care for soft toys should be especially careful, since they are carriers of bacteria in the literal sense.
If washing the product is contraindicated, the child will have to give up playing with him for some time. Other toys must be handled and cleaned after at least a day or two.
Wash products at the highest temperatures allowed by the manufacturer. After washing, rinse with boiling water. Dry toys only in the apartment, since the virus can be brought from the street. The surface on which you put to dry a teddy friend, do not forget to treat the drug with antimicrobial and disinfecting effects.
The best disinfectants are very low or high temperatures and hot steam. The best solution is to steam the toy from the iron.
A soft toy for a child often becomes a faithful and best friend, so care for them should be of high quality. Otherwise, they will become a danger to the health of the baby. Do not be lazy to carry out frequent cleaning and washing of products, then they will retain their appearance and will delight the child for a long time.
Starch from stains
The execution of the method with starch is very similar to the procedure with soda, there are only a few changes.
It will be needed for cleaning: 100 grams of starch, brush, oilcloth, cloth for laying under the work surface, a bag.
The procedure should be carried out carefully, because starch can get into the nose, lungs. To prevent this, you can open a window or clean it on the street.
Note! Contact with water is prohibited. Water with starch can leave white stains on the toy, which will be very difficult to clean.
Clean the toy according to the instructions:
- Place fabric under the work surface.
- Put a soft product on it.
- Rub the starch into the pile.
- Set aside for a quarter of an hour.
- Brush off starch.
- Wrap in a bag and leave soft fun in the freezer.
Additional Information! This method will not help destroy microbes. But if you leave the product in the freezer for two days, then pathological formations may die. Also, direct sunlight and UV radiation adversely affect microbes.
For conventional felt products:
- prepare a solution of water with soap,
- squeeze the toy, carefully clean all dirty areas,
- soak the cloth in water, squeeze again, clean the remnants of soapy foam,
- dry completely (e.g. on a windowsill).
For products with glued parts:
- create foam from shampoo and water,
- with a foam sponge, clean the toy, minimally soaking it,
- wipe with a damp cloth
- wipe with a dry towel
- if the product is wet, dry it in the dryer.
Important! It is recommended to comb a long pile before or after cleaning with a brush. To eliminate stains, lemon juice is suitable.
Wet foam cleaning
The steps of this method vary depending on the fabric of which the toy is made, and whether it has parts on it.
When washing children's toys, the following recommendations should be observed:
- If there are balls inside, then it is forbidden to wash it in the machine, since weak seams on them easily diverge.
- Stains can be easily wiped off with alcohol or lemon juice applied before washing.
- Velor and knitwear are washed in a machine in a special mesh.
- Before washing children's toys, you need to know that shampoos and soaps, except for children's, can not be used.
- After washing, rinse the product thoroughly to get rid of soap or other products.
Cleaning toys from felt is necessary according to step-by-step instructions:
- Apply soap on a cloth, sponge and foam.
- Squeeze, treat the surface of the product.
- Wash a cloth or sponge, squeeze and walk through the entire soft thing.
- Dry the product.
Plush toys can be cleaned with both detergent and liquid. Before washing, along with other things, you should check whether it sheds. If it does not fade, then the cleaning procedure is as follows:
- Add cleaning agent to warm water.
- Leave the toy in it for half an hour.
- Wash it with your hands.
- Dry the product.
After cleaning, you can give the previous shape to the product with a brush.
Before you clean a soft toy, especially wash it, read the information on the label regarding cleaning options. Check if some parts need to be removed. If you are worried about individual details, wash the toy in a laundry bag. The mesh bag provides adequate protection against pinching and damage to the drum.
Hand wash small, quick-drying items:
- In a sink with water, foam the shampoo.
- Wet the toy for 10 minutes.
- Wipe the surface with a brush (if texture allows).
- Rinse, squeeze slightly, hang to dry.
Remember a few recommendations:
- Antistress, interactive toys are cleaned with a damp sponge. Washing is not recommended due to the risk of breaking even strong seams, therefore, destroying things.
- If there are batteries (music blocks), carefully open the seam, remove the batteries. Sew the open area (with a large line so that the filler does not look out), clean with the recommended method, and dry. Then reinsert the batteries (note whether you are inserting them correctly).
- Clean any stains present with a sponge soaked in alcohol. Only after that wash.
- Products from knitwear, velvet (without accessories, batteries) can be washed in a laundry bag. Clothing removed from a bear or dog can also be placed in this bag.
- Do not clean with chemicals. Use only mild products.
- After washing, wash the toy by removing any remaining soap.
- Remember to read the shortcut. An automatic machine may damage some surfaces or fillers.
- Check for batteries, balls, seam density. Remove or remove parts that require this.
- Wash in delicate mode (30 ºС), remember - high temperature can destroy the product.
- Squeeze out the water lightly.
- Hang to dry.
Toys with glue parts and balls inside
For wet cleaning of soft products with parts on glue, the following procedure is used:
Shampoo is used to wash toys
- Pour shampoo into the water and froth it.
- Transfer the foam to a sponge, handle the subject of fun.
- Rinse the foam off the sponge, wipe with a clean sponge, then a towel.
- To dry.
Children's toys do not have to be washed in a machine - they can be washed easily and quickly with your hands, the result is the same as from washing in a machine. To do this, you must:
- Pick up warm water.
- Lather products and leave for a while.
- If the toy is not made of bad fabric, then the spots can be brushed.
- Wash off the soap, squeeze.
- Dry the product.
How to sanitize
Normal cleaning of toys only allows you to get rid of dirt, but microbes and pathological organisms are not destroyed. You can disinfect things in several ways:
- Steam generator. Processing the toy with hot steam allows you to destroy such types of bacteria and viruses as tuberculosis, influenza A, staphylococcus, E. coli, fungal organisms.
- The ultraviolet radiation of the lamp will provide protection against dust mites, various viruses, bacteria. When the lamp is working indoors (the duration of operation is not more than an hour), no one should be in it.
- Cold treatment. To do this, just put the toy in the freezer for a couple of days - pathological formations will be destroyed.
Without attention to the cleanliness of your home, the risk of contracting infectious diseases increases, since its sources remain on toys. Even these products that are clean at first glance are dust collectors, especially if they have been without cleaning for several months or years. To protect against diseases and cleanliness of the house, it is enough to wash all toys every three to four months, then they will deliver only positive emotions.