Our experienced team of editors and researchers contributed to this article and tested it for accuracy and completeness.
The wikiHow content management team carefully monitors the work of editors to ensure that each article meets our high quality standards.
From this article you will learn how to find out the serial number of a smartphone without disassembling it. Finding the serial number of a regular phone is a little more difficult, but you can do this on the device’s case or in the documentation for it.
Method number 3: IMEI can be written on the phone itself
Some phones have an engraved IMEI number on the back, as well as a serial number and various regulations. But, this method is only valid for old models, such as the Galaxy S7 or iPhone 6. You will not find them on new phone models, as manufacturers strive to make their smartphones look as clean as possible.
What you need to know right away?
What is a serial number for? - The answer to this question will be the list from the information above. In any case, each subscriber will at least once be interested in his IMEI code, so in any case, it is best to figure out immediately what steps need to be performed to solve the problem of searching for data using a character password.
IMPORTANT: It is logical to understand that checking the legality of the phone by serial number can only be performed on trusted services on the Internet or through the use of the capabilities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs or the FSB. In special cases, when the mobile device is the subject of material evidence, the authorities will be able to independently conduct an examination and provide the user with the necessary information in full. The relevance of the material is fully consistent with the date in September 2014. Any interested person can use the article. In the event of data obsolescence, it is best to seek help from mobile office workers or other portals on the Web.
Get IMEI data on the phone
It is supposed to know your phone by serial number through the use of its capabilities with the data from the site x-tarif.ru. You just need to figure out exactly which approach will be most acceptable. In general, today we can say that obtaining information via IMEI is sufficient protection in case of a problem with the identification of a mobile device. Sometimes you can find your mobile phone using the specified password if it is lost.
- Need to understand how to find out the serial number of a phone? - The first step is to work with a set of well-known code of the form “* # 06 #”. Here you do not need to dial “Call” at the end of data entry, since this will be done by the mobile phone itself (the data will immediately appear on the screen of the cellular device). The price of such a service is 0 rubles, as the user accesses the internal memory of the mobile phone.
- Where can I find the serial number of the phone in another case? - Today, a lot of mobile companies that specialize in the release of cellular devices can offer data just under the battery cover inside the case. The subscriber only needs to lift the mobile phone case, and then see what information is contained neatly under the phone’s power source. Here it is necessary to clarify: in the case when the data does not match, it is necessary to pay attention to the fact that the phone is not "white". Perhaps, before the sale, he was “killed” inside to hide the traces after the theft. In any case, this should be alarming, the purchase is impractical.
- Samsung's serial phone number can be viewed using any of the methods described above, as well as when working with viewing data on the box at the time of purchase. As a rule, new phones (or B.U., but with the presence of a box), you can always check for the presence of the correct IMEI-code, which should coincide entirely in three cases of verification. Thus, the use of data from the box that was with the phone can be considered a full-fledged third method of obtaining data on IMEI.
- Checking the serial number of a phone can sometimes help a lot, because a subscriber only needs to figure out a few things: if a mobile device is stolen, why buy it? - It’s best to check the data in services on the Internet (neatly, why - a little lower), but then go to the Ministry of Internal Affairs and send it to the FSB, since all stolen phones are in the Unified Database on theft of cellular equipment.
IMPORTANT: Now a few words about the fact that using sites on the Internet you need to be very careful. To date, many portals offer the use of their capabilities to provide information on what exactly is located in the theft database, using not quite correct and honest methods. Subscribers are invited to send an SMS message to the specified number on the site, after which he either receives a response or does not receive anything (as an option - “Server is not running”).
How to identify a “gray” phone?
In order to understand exactly which mobile device is in the hands of the subscriber, it is worth understanding several important points:
- Check all three ways to identify IMEI on a mobile phone
- Check it in the theft database
If IMEI does not match in any case, it’s better not to buy such a mobile device, since in its settings data could be “interrupted” for subsequent implementation on the market.