Mexican Rice with Beans - A very popular dish in all of Latin America, and especially in the Caribbean. It goes well with fried, baked or stewed meat, poultry, as well as fish, although with boiled seafood or an ordinary vegetable salad, it also turns out pretty well. Fast, tasty, inexpensive and healthy!
Mexican Rice Ingredients with Beans
- Rice (long-grain "Basmati") 450 grams
- Chicken broth (strained) 400 milliliters
- Canned beans (red in tomato sauce) 1/2 can (capacity 500 milliliters)
- Onions (red or white) 1 piece (medium)
- 5-prong garlic (medium)
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli (fresh, minced) 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
Inappropriate products? Choose a similar recipe from others!
Bowl, canned key, kitchen knife, cutting board, measuring cup (for broth), paper kitchen towels, stove, deep non-stick pan or pan with a lid (3-4 liter capacity), wooden kitchen spatula, deep bowl, tablespoon , plate.
In Mexico, only long-grain rice is grown and used, often even brown. For a festive option take Basmati.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can of canned beans in tomato (ideally red),
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion,
- ¼ celery root,
- 0.5 tsp sweet paprika
- 2-3 cloves of garlic,
- salt, pepper, herbs.
The first step is to rinse the rice. This operation removes dust that remains on the grains after grinding, as well as a layer of gluten, due to which the welded grains stick together. Washed rice is always crumbly. When the drain becomes transparent, pour the cereal with water and leave to swell, while we deal with the rest of the products. At the same time we put 2 glasses of water on heating.
Cut the onion into thin half rings, grate the carrots and celery - can be chopped with a long straw, in Korean. We spread it in a pan with vegetable oil and sauté at low heat.
Fry is ready when the onion becomes translucent and sweet.
Add paprika, mix. This spice gives a pleasant color and aroma to the dish. Mix.
Spread the rice. Chop the garlic in slices and add to the side dish along with any herbs (we have a lovage). Salt, pepper (optional).
Pour boiling water. Cover and cook over low heat until rice is cooked.
To it we add beans, directly with tomato filling, mix gently, cover with a lid and leave for 4-5 minutes.
We shift to one common dish or to portioned plates, decorate with herbs and serve. The dish looks delicious and it turns out incredibly tasty!
As a complement to rice with beans, you can make chops, meatballs, fried chicken wings or legs. They also prepare any salad from fresh vegetables, for example, from fresh radish and herbs. Below we will share advice on how to prepare such a salad for the New Year's table and other winter holidays.
To make the rice crumbly, you need to follow some rules:
- Rice should be prepared in advance for cooking. To do this, it is soaked in water for 30-40 minutes. This procedure can be replaced with a short frying in a pan (2-3 minutes).
- Boil cereals in water, the amount of which is 2 times the amount of rice.
- For cooking, it is better to pour grains with boiling water.
- It is not recommended to mix the side dish during cooking.
Promised advice on how to prepare radishes:
- Root crops should be washed well, drained in the air, cut off the tips, cut into rings.
- Add a little dill, green onion. Do not salt!
- Unpack in bags with a fastener, squeeze out air, close tightly and send to the freezer.
- In winter, just choose from the freezer, make a standard fill (vegetable oil, vinegar, salt) or take mayonnaise, sour cream. Add them immediately before serving. It is not necessary to completely defrost radishes - it’s so much tastier.
- an alternative to olive oil - any other vegetable, for example, sunflower refined, and red chili - green,
- sometimes use ordinary non-canned beans, which are soaked in cold running water for 6-8 hours. Then, after boiling, it is boiled for 50-60 minutes until fully cooked, and then it is thrown back into a colander so that the glass is excess liquid. Chicken is replaced with a broth from under it, and vegetables in this case are stewed with tomato paste or blanched and finely chopped tomatoes,
- optionally, to a set of vegetables, you can add diced sweet salad pepper,
- very often 50-60 milliliters of dry white wine or a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and granulated sugar is added to the broth, these ingredients give the boiled rice a certain pleasant acidity,
- some Mexican hostesses season the finished dish with dried herbs, for example, mint, paprika, savory, coriander, oregano and ground leaf of laurel.
- Hot water 2 Cups
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil 2-3 tbsp. spoons
- Smoked Sausage 400 Gram
- Jar of Red Beans 1 Piece
- Seasonings - To taste
Pour rice into the pan.
Pour 2 cups of water and add 1 tsp. salt. Put on the stove, turn on a strong fire. As soon as the water boils, set the fire to a minimum, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Thinly cut the sausage.
In a pan with wide edges, add 2-3 tbsp. olive oil and heat over medium heat.
Place the sausage in a skillet and add seasoning. Stir occasionally. Cook for 7 minutes, frying sausage on both sides.
Drain the beans and add to the sausage. Mix well. Cook for a few more minutes to warm the beans.
Your rice should already be ready. Arrange the rice in plates and lay the sausage with beans on top. Simple but tasteful. Bon Appetit.