- How to remove protection in a word document
- How to open rar file with password
- How to open a fragment
- - a computer with an installed program.
- how to photograph a document
Document Password: Principles
By setting a password to open the document, the file itself will be encrypted. This is done in order to reliably protect the information contained in it.
To decrypt the document and view it, you will need a password that was previously set. Remember that a strong cryptographic algorithm is used to encrypt the file, and if you forget the password set on the file, then with a very high degree of probability you will no longer see the information contained in the file.
It is strongly recommended that you set a complex password on the file in order to protect the information stored in the document as much as possible. You can read about how to create a complex password in the article. We come up with a password resistant to hacking. Practical recommendations.
Now let's look at how a password is set for a document in different versions of the Word editor.
Setting a password for a document in Word 2003
First of all, you need to open the document in the editor on which you want to set a password.
Next, click on the item in the top menu Service and in the displayed submenu select Options.
As a result, a window with many tabs will open. In this window, go to the tab Security. By going to this tab, at the very top you will see a form for setting a password for the document.
Enter the desired password and press the key OK.
After pressing the key, a password confirmation window will appear - enter the password again and press the key OK.
Done! The password for the word document is set. Closing the document and opening it again will require a password to open this file.
It must be said that the number of attempts to enter a possible password is unlimited, so you can not worry about errors in the entered combination.
Setting a password for a document in Word 2007
In this version of the text editor from Microsoft, the interface is slightly different from Microsoft Office 2003. This means that the instructions will be slightly different:
In the upper left corner of the Microsoft Office editor there is a button with a logo, clicking on which opens the main menu of the editor. Click on it and in the list that appears, select To prepare, and then Encrypt document.
And then all that remains is to enter and confirm the entered password, and the document will be successfully protected.
Setting a password for a document in Word 2010
In the Word editor, click on the item in the upper left menu File. In the list that opens, click on the item Intelligence. On the opposite side, a window will appear in which you will need to click on the button with the inscription Protect document, and then Password Encrypt.
As a result, it remains only to indicate the desired password, and then confirm it. Done! Your document is securely protected.
How to remove a password from a Word document - Enter a password to open a document
Next, follow these steps to remove password from Word document.
- Go to the “File” tab and on the “Details” tab, click the “Document Protection” button.
Setting a password for a document in Word 2013
The instructions for setting a password in Microsoft Word 2013 step by step coincides with that for the version of Word 2010. Only at the last stage the menu item is called not Password Encrypt, but Encrypt with password. Otherwise, everything is identical.
Removing a document password in Word 2003
To get started, open the file from which you want to remove the password. Then click on the top menu item Service, and after paragraph Options. In the window that opens, go to the tab Security.
Remove all characters that are represented by black dots from the password entry field there and press the key Ok.
When closing the document itself, be sure to answer in the affirmative to the request to save the changes.
Done! The password for the Word document has been removed.
Removing a document password in Word 2007
Open the document in which the need to remove the password appeared.
In the upper left area of the Microsoft Word 2007 window there is a button with the Microsoft Office logo - click it. In the list that appears, click on the item To prepare, and then - Encrypt document.
Clear the password entry field, deleting from there all the available characters (represented by black dots) click on the button OK.
When closing the document, save the changes by responding positively to the request Save changes or not?
All. The document is no longer password protected.
Removing a document password in Word 2010
To start, open the word document from which you want to remove the password for opening.
In the top menu, click on the item File. In the menu that opens, select Intelligence. A menu will appear on the right with additional items. In this menu, click on the large button located there Protect document, and then Password Encrypt.
Remove the previously set password by deleting all the black dots there, and press the button Ok. When closing your document in the editor itself, be sure to save the changes.
Great, the password for a once-protected document has been removed.
How to remove a password from a Word document - General document settings
- Remove the password from the "password to open the file"And"write permission password"To remove the password from the documentWord. Click OK and save the document.
Removing a password for a document in Word 2013
Instructions for removing the password from a Word document are almost completely consistent with those for Microsoft Word 2010. The only difference is the naming of the item Password Encrypt - at Word 2013 he is called Encrypt with password.
Otherwise, everything is exactly the same.
This material described in detail about the methods for setting and removing a password from word documents, detailed instructions with screenshots were given. After reading it, there should be no questions about how to protect an important document with a password, thereby protecting the file from viewing by strangers.
If you still have questions, you can ask them in the comments.
You, in turn, can also help a lot.
Just share the article on social networks with your friends.
By sharing the results of the author’s work, you will provide invaluable assistance to both himself and the site as a whole. Thank!
1. Go to the File tab, in the Details section, click on the Document Protection button and in the drop-down menu select Encrypt with password:
2. In the dialog box that appears, specify a password, click OK and re-enter it to avoid errors during initial entry:
Please - this is important - remember and do not lose this password. Finding it can be very difficult, but sometimes impossible (only if your file is not Word 97-2003).
3. Done! Password is set, data is encrypted, save your document as usual. In the next opening, Microsoft Word will ask you for a password to decrypt the data:
1. Start saving your document and right in the dialog box for choosing a place and defining a file name, click on the Tools button and select the General Options ... item in the drop-down menu:
2. Set a password for opening - enter it in the main window and re-enter in the additional one. Both passwords must match. This helps to avoid a password spelling error for the first time.
In the same window you can set a password for changes, but from the point of view of data protection it is useless - such a password is deleted by third-party programs instantly for all versions of Word. It is more likely from accidental damage, the so-called "protection against the fool." 🙂
3. And ready again! Name the file and save the document. It is protected and the data in it is encrypted. Just do not forget your password.
Removing a password to open from a Word file
If you decide to refuse to encrypt your data in a Word document, then all you need is to simply delete the password for opening. Repeat one of the methods for setting a password, but instead of entering a password, delete it and save your file:
The file will be written in unencrypted form and the next time you open the password you will not need it. The data will not be protected, and you will not have the problem of a forgotten password ...
Password recovery for opening a document
Knowing the password to delete there is no problem: opened, erased, saved. But if the password is lost, then this can become a problem: how to decrypt the data and return access to it without a password?
Microsoft warns that losing a password is equivalent to losing data and does not provide password recovery tools. Third-party developers have such tools in abundance, and the success of their work depends on their quality, the “chips” embedded in them and the format of the Word document itself.
The format is so old that in those days when it was relevant Microsoft did not really think about the quality of protection and any passwords are found instantly by entry-level programs, such as Accent WORD Password Recovery.
... Word 97-2003 (40-bit encryption key)
Until now, the current version of the format - the current Microsoft Word 2016 still offers the ability to save the document to a file compatible with Word 97-2003. Here, the encryption itself is already quite decent and the search for the password in the forehead, that is, it may take a long time to sort out the options. Search time and success depend on the complexity of the password itself and its length.
But there is a trick - it is not necessary to search for a password. Such files can be decrypted without a password!
For encryption, a short 40-bit key is used and, as a rule, it is faster (and definitely more reliable) to find the key than the password. When using the technology of rainbow tables, decryption takes even a matter of minutes, regardless of the complexity of the password.
This trick is used by some online services, for example VerniDostup.ru.
... Word 2007-2016
With the advent of the Microsoft Word 2007 format (for docx files), miracles ceased - Microsoft is quite successfully struggling with unauthorized access to protected user data.
It was possible to recover the password only by enumerating the options, and with each new version of Word, the enumeration speed drops. Only the best password recovery programs, such as Passcovery Suite, have the chances of solving the forgotten Word password problem.
The success of the password search has become dependent on the qualities of the password recovery program:
- The ability to manipulate the range of verification. Flexible password mask settings, skillful work with dictionaries, the necessary properties of such programs - direct enumeration of options is almost an unsuccessful event
- Speed optimization. A verified, cleaned and perfectly tuned search algorithm can increase the speed at times. This is clearly seen when comparing mediocre and optimized programs.
- Acceleration on AMD / NVIDIA graphics cards. Modern GPUs are ideal for finding a password for opening Word 2007-2016, and programs that use them increase the speed of search at times. And sometimes tens of times - it depends on the CPU / GPU bundle on your computer.
Password mask search example
Simply put, starting with Word 2007 it’s impossible for an attacker to crack someone else’s password (of course, provided that the password is not a common word from the dictionary and its length is not three or four characters).
The file owner, on the contrary, has very good chances.
Knowing the structure of your password, remembering which characters and in what order he used, you can set a flexible, positional mask. This will reduce the number of checks, speed up the search and lead to success.
Here is an example of a solution in Passcovery Suite: the password consisted of 7 or 8 characters, starting with a capital letter by the name of one of the family members: KVMS, the middle consisted of only lowercase vowels and a few special characters: aeiouy - + _, three digits at the end.
1. Run Passcovery Suite, open the encrypted file in it, get acquainted with the file format and file protection data, go to the choice of attack. Select "Search with positional mask":
2. Based on the knowledge of the password, we specify the character sets that we will use in different positions of the password:? 0 - KVMS,? 1 - aeiouy - + _,? 2 -? d, that is, numbers (help on the positional mask), create a mask to generate only suitable passwords, using certain character sets -? 0 * 1? 2? 2? 2, set the minimum and maximum password length - 7-8 characters:
3. That's it! You can run a password search. When the program finds the password, it will display it:
More practical examples are in the knowledge base of the program.
Pay attention to the number of options and the expected time to iterate over when using such a mask and without it, during a normal brute force attack:
That is, if an attacker does not know anything about the structure of the password, he will either have to check the passwords of all the characters and literally not have to live to check all the options, or consciously refuse some of them and risk missing the necessary password ...