How to clean an expensive monitor from grease stains and drips.
- Disconnect the monitor from the network
- Take clean cotton, preferably not absorbent. Such an average thing. Wet it in warm water so that water flows from it. Get wet cotton wool 5 centimeters in diameter. Drop a drop of any dishwashing liquid on it, which is on the sink in the kitchen (not bleach).
- Tilt the monitor forward so that water does not flow inward, the screen looks down.
- Wash the screen thoroughly with cotton wool and water flowing from it. Several times we dip cotton wool in warm water, the water should flow directly.
- Then we take clean cotton wool, we also wet it already in clean warm water and wipe the screen, thereby removing the "stains." You can slightly acidify with food vinegar, soften the water.
- Then we take an ordinary hair dryer and begin to dry the screen from a distance of 30-40 cm, so as not to burn the active layer. When washing, we try to keep the water flowing as little as possible inside the monitor, more accurately, in short.
- Then we blow-dry the back of the monitor through the grilles and other holes in case water gets inside.
- We are reinsured. If the screen has not been scratched before with sandpaper or other improvised cleaning products, it becomes better than new.
- We connect, we look. We don’t paw with fat fingers, we don’t eat close to the monitor (prevention.) That's all.
Why is the LCD screen dirty?
LCD monitors provide a high-quality, rich and realistic picture. But during operation, they can become contaminated for several reasons:
- dust settling during irregular cleaning indoors or from open windows,
- splashes from liquids during cleaning,
- touching the surface.
Spots appear constantly, so users should know how to clean the smeared screen of a modern LCD TV.
Prohibited Methods and Tools
When cleaning liquid crystal TV models, it is important to use only suitable techniques and materials. Absolutely forbidden:
- process the screen when the TV is on - the fragile matrix may be damaged,
- turn on the device immediately after cleaning - crystals are sensitive to moisture,
- use alcohol-containing products - matrix elements turn white and fail,
- wipe the monitor with wet wipes - they contain components that are not suitable for LCD surfaces,
- apply car cosmetics, products for windows, dishes, washing - it’s better to choose delicate products,
- wipe the screen with a newspaper - the fibers remain on the surface or get inside, which leads to breakdowns,
- spray the composition onto the screen - the liquid may be on important sites that break,
- to clean the monitor with soda - an abrasive will lead to cracks and chips of the matrix,
- scrape away contamination - there are risks of mechanical damage.
How to wipe the LCD TV screen?
Experts say it will be better to wipe a modern LCD TV if dust has accumulated on it. It is allowed to use:
- blowing off with a vacuum cleaner or a rubber bulb without touching the screen,
- whisk with long soft hairs,
- lint-free fabrics.
Narrowly directed airflows remove dust without harming the monitor.
What kind of cloth is better to wipe the screen?
The surfaces of the liquid crystal models are made as several very thin layers. They are sensitive to aggressive products, so it is important to know how to wipe the screen of a dirty LCD TV with what cloth.. It is allowed to apply:
- wet wipes for cleaning displays impregnated with special compounds without alcohol,
- slightly dried napkins that leave no residue
- antistatic sets - dry (absorption of residual liquid) and wet (removes all dirt) wipes are included;
- soft lint-free fabrics - cotton, flannel, fleece,
- microfiber wipes that absorb moisture well, and scuffs and scratches do not remain on the surface,
- care kits - they include a special aerosol, microfiber cloth, antistatic brush, additional nozzles and accessories.
Products designed for cleaning LCD monitors are available in the form of sprays, air cleaners, foam aerosols, impregnated with a special composition of wipes. In online and offline stores you can purchase:
- Colorway 3333. Compressed air in cans. A jet under pressure is released through a special air tube, which removes dirt and dust. The tool is also used to purge hard-to-reach areas of the TV,
- Patron F3-029. Foam for TV screens, which delicately and without streaks cleans the liquid crystal surface from dust, dirt, stains, fingerprints,
- Colorway 1032. Spray that creates an antistatic coating on the monitor. The product formula contributes to the effective removal of stains, contaminants without harm to the surface,
- Data Flash 1620. A spray for delicate surfaces that gently removes dirt from the LCD,
- Patron F4-001. If you don’t know the best way to wipe a heavily soiled LCD monitor, try crepe paper wet wipes. They do not contain alcohol, flavorings. Surface cleaning is very high quality, without streaks, the screen dries quickly,
- Colorway 1071. Cleaning wipes that cope with heavy dirt, old stains, dust and even scuffs,
- Colorway 6108. Microfiber cloths based on silicone. Due to the finest interweaving of fibers, the technique is cleaned as delicately as possible.
It will take 3% table vinegar. It is diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1. A microfiber cloth or fleece is moistened in the composition, squeezed out and gently wiped the TV. After the procedure, the remnants of the bite are washed off with a well-wrung rag. The surface is wiped dry. The tool is suitable for removing stains from household chemicals and fingerprints.
If there are greasy marks on the surface of the monitor, prepare a soapy mixture. A small piece of soap gets divorced in water. The solution is applied to dirty areas. The residue is removed with a damp cloth. The screen is wiped to a perfectly dry state.
Advice! Use household soap and distilled water.
Cutting disinfectant can be bought at any pharmacy. It will qualitatively wash the screen in the presence of greasy traces and dried dirt. Alcohol is diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1. Then it is moistened with a lint-free cloth and dirty areas are treated. Remains of the composition are removed with a damp cloth and wipe the screen dry.
How to wipe the LCD TV screen correctly?
Work at home provides for compliance with several rules:
- the equipment is only cleaned off
- the plug is removed from the outlet,
- alcohol-free product is applied directly to the napkin,
- the screen is wiped in a circular motion, without pressing,
- reusable fabrics are checked for abrasive particles,
- to remove dust, just wipe the surface with a dry cloth or a whisk,
- professional compounds and home remedies are best used for severe pollution.
Features of caring for different types of screens
What is the best way to wipe the LCD, LED, plasma, LCD TV, working at home? Focus on the type of screen:
- LED panels. A special kit is suitable for work. It includes a microfiber cloth and a composition in the form of a spray without alcohol. After cleaning, a dust-repellent layer remains on the screen. LED models can be wiped with a lint-free cloth, where foam is applied in advance,
- LCD devices. Proper care of the TV is to initially apply the product on a napkin and then wipe the screen. The joints are worked with a cotton swab, and the body is cleaned 1 time in 21-28 days with a soft cloth,
- plasma screens. They can be treated with a soapy solution that impregnates a lint-free cloth or microfiber sponge. For areas with difficult access use a vacuum cleaner, cotton buds. Fingerprints are removed with a glasses napkin,
- LCD TVs. Devices with a soft, thin screen are easy to damage, so they are wiped clean only with a dry cloth. The TV must be turned off by the button and from the network. Before working, bracelets and rings are removed from the hands. Water does not spray onto the screen. Volatile substances are not allowed on the LCD panel.
How to remove stains from the TV screen?
From the touch of hands on the monitor often remain spots. Conventional cleaning procedures are not relevant in this case. Better to use:
- special dry wipes without lint and alcohol in the composition,
- cleaning foam, which is applied to a napkin, and then to the display,
- a solution of purified water and vinegar, in which a cotton rag is moistened.
How to remove scratches?
To remove scratches, do the following:
- surface treatment with a cloth dampened in care fluid,
- cleaning the scratches with a new eraser (carried out along the crack) after the screen has completely dried,
- polishing with petroleum jelly, which is applied to a cotton pad,
- the use of scratch varnish with pre-wiping the display.
How to keep the screen clean longer
To wipe the LCD as little as possible, clean the potted plants near you. Droplets will fall on the monitor. You can’t touch the display - greasy spots are very difficult to display. It is advisable to install the TV so that children can not get close to it.
Keep in mind that insects strongly stain the surface, so it is better not to allow their appearance.
How often to clean the monitor
Naturally, any situation is purely individual, however, you can notice some patterns. It is not recommended to clean the LCD monitor too often: any “polishing”, even with a soft flannel handkerchief, leaves microscopic scratches on the surface of the matrix.Over time, the display will fade. And even if the device works properly, a dull picture can significantly reduce the enjoyment of its operation. Recommended Intervals:
p, blockquote 5,0,0,0,0 ->
- Dry cleaning - once a week,
- “Wet cleaning” - once a month.
Of course, there are exceptions - for example, the monitor got banged with fat fingers, a friend who came in to visit with whom you looked at the Internet for some interesting things under a sausage with popular drinks. In this case, the display can be cleaned unscheduled, otherwise it will be impossible to use it in the near future.
p, blockquote 6.0,1,0,0 ->
How to be safe from cleaning the monitor too often
To avoid too frequent cleaning, you should follow simple rules:
p, blockquote 7,0,0,0,0 ->
- During a sneeze or cough, cover your face with your hand or handkerchief, or turn away to the side,
- Do not poke your fingers in the matrix and do not let your family or guests do it,
- Prevent the cat from climbing the table where the monitor is standing,
- Do not wipe the dirt with your finger or fingernail unless you intend to clean it soon,
- Do not place food plates, cups, glasses, or glasses with drinks too close to the monitor.
- Try to remove fresh pollution immediately, as it will be more difficult to do this over time.
What you can not clean the monitor
The main thing to remember is that in no case should you use alcohol-containing liquids for cleaning: from pure industrial alcohol to any household chemicals with a methanol content of several percent.
p, blockquote 8,0,0,0,0 ->
Alcohol destroys the protective coating on the matrix, so for a couple of such approaches you can completely "kill" the screen. Do you need it? Read more about anti-reflective coating.It is not recommended to use toilet paper and paper towels containing microscopic particles of wood. They act as an abrasive, so with regular use of these materials, the display dims.
p, blockquote 9,0,0,0,0 ->
Also, it is not very good to use wet wipes for personal hygiene - the composition with which they are saturated is suitable for wiping the body, but is completely unsuitable for household appliances.
In order not to leave streaks on the screen, do not use soap solutions. It is strictly forbidden to use any abrasive products (not only sandpaper, but also harsh rags).
p, blockquote 11,0,0,0,0 ->
How to remove stains on the monitor
Wipe the display without streaks is easy, if everything is done correctly. These recommendations will help you bring the screen to its original appearance. Remember that during the procedure the device must be de-energized!
p, blockquote 12,1,0,0,0 ->
- To remove dust, you can use a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Wipe the display with soft circular motions, without putting too much pressure on the surface,
- Do not spray the cleaning liquid directly onto the monitor - soak it with a rag that you use,
- If the pollution does not give in, try again as much as necessary, but do not try to scrape it off with your fingernail,
- Soak stubborn stains with an impregnated cloth, and after a few minutes completely remove
- Do everything carefully to avoid the device falling,
p, blockquote 13,0,0,0,0 ->
- The material used for wiping should be clean and slightly moist, but not wet,
- When cleaning a screen that is too dirty, rinse the cloth or replace it with a clean one,
- Wipe not only the matrix itself, but the entire monitor, including the wires,
- To remove dirt from hard to reach places, you can use a toothpick,
- Only apply power to the device after it has completely dried.
In this way, you can clean the LCD screen from any contaminants - from grease, dust, particles of saliva, sputum, mucus, bile, blood and other biological fluids.
p, blockquote 14,0,0,0,0 ->
Regarding saliva, you should pay attention. There are users who do not recognize all these methods, or who are simply too lazy to get up because of a computer, so they use what they always have at hand - their own saliva to clean the matrix.
p, blockquote 15,0,0,0,0 ->
This, of course, is the fastest and most effective way, but it has several disadvantages. Firstly, it’s still impossible to perfectly clear the display, as there will remain stains. Secondly, you simply do not have enough saliva to clean a monitor with a sufficiently large diagonal - for example, 27 inches or more.
p, blockquote 16,0,0,0,0 ->
Therefore, it is better yet "the old fashioned way", using special formulations.
p, blockquote 17,0,0,0,0,0 ->
What to use for cleaning
What is the best thing? In any computer store, in a large assortment of special liquids are available. They are usually called “Liquid for cleaning the monitor”.
p, blockquote 18,0,0,1,0 ->
However, note that the composition of the cathode ray tubes and LCD devices is slightly different, so check with the consultant or carefully consider the label.
p, blockquote 19,0,0,0,0 ->
Ready-made napkin sets that are already saturated with such a liquid are also sold. The disadvantage is that with an open tube or packaging, the composition quickly disappears, so the number of napkins that would be enough for a year would become worthless after a couple of months.
p, blockquote 20,0,0,0,0 ->
If you are reluctant to go to the store, and you need to clean the monitor urgently, you can use warm boiled water. Of course, this is not as effective as special formulations, but it also copes with the task.
I also advise you to read the posts about the life of the monitor and which cable is better to use when connecting the display - DVI or HDMI. I will be grateful to everyone who shares this post on social networks. Till tomorrow!
p, blockquote 22,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 23,0,0,0,0 -> p, blockquote 24,0,0,0,1 ->