Bright, chic designer covers are not only a method to improve the aesthetic properties of your gadget, but also increase operating safety. The cost of such accessories is high, which not everyone can afford. Is it possible to make a phone case by giving it the necessary properties and characteristics?
We offer to study as many as 17 different methods of creating covers yourself at home. And also you can change the transparent bumper made of silicone, creating a unique design and decorating it with the help of simplest objects. Use your imagination, share your impressions and tips for converting your smartphone into an aesthetic and elegant device. Leave comments and photos with your crafts, share your impressions and new ideas in the comments to the article.
Why do covers do it yourself?
The answer to this question will contain three factors at once, each of which is important for a certain circle of gadget users. The first factor is the high cost of truly original branded products. Accessories for new phone models have an increasing number of properties, and yet their manufacture, or rather, the conversion from an ordinary transparent bumper is available to anyone.
The second factor is the desire to make a phone case with your own hands of a certain color, shape and possessing specific characteristics. If you can’t find products even in the collections of leading brands - show a bit of imagination, use the numerous tricks and tips from our article to create a case that will fully satisfy your wishes and requirements.
The last, third factor is frequent image changes. Both factors will be combined here - it is unprofitable to buy covers for each image, and it will be extremely difficult to choose a set of certain looks. Thanks to our recommendations and detailed instructions, you can create a cover for any style, perfectly complementing the image with an original accessory.
Popular colors for covers
Abstract patterns, a mixture of the brightest colors and wooden or even metal products - all this is in trend for the second year already. Now also more and more common are bamboo covers, which do not even decorate with additional elements. You can also make a similar accessory, but use cardboard, a transparent case, or even more exotic options as the basis.
Accessories should not only have a trending color, but also coincide with the created image. Choose covers for the image you create, focusing on compliance with the basic rules of style.
Detailed DIY Covers
With our instructions, you can make a do-it-yourself case for your phone from paper, glue, beads, fabric and much more. Each product will be original, because you will create it from those materials and in such a way as imagination allows. For each text instruction we also attach a similar method in the video review. You will clearly see that creating a designer accessory is not as difficult as it seems, but the simplest tools and materials will be enough for work.
Hot glue case
The first instruction will be one of the easiest ways to create protection and decoration for your smartphone. This method allows using silicone glue and minimal effort to create a unique accessory that will have a high degree of protection. On the video, you can clearly study one of the methods of creation, and in the instructions we will try to list all the main points and subtleties. Please note that in the video instruction two types of varnish are used - color and transparent with sparkles, which will significantly increase the aesthetics of the device.
This method is also called decorating the phone. Remember that to carry out such decoration or create an original silicone case should only be after all precautions. In particular, during operation, not a single drop of glue should get on the display, which can damage the touchscreen.
Do not be afraid to experiment, just prepare all the tools in advance and follow the instructions. We divide the work into the following stages:
- We prepare tools and materials. You need a glue gun that heats the glue pins. Be sure to purchase parchment paper - it is it that will protect your device, as well as facilitate the process of creating an accessory. As auxiliary items, it will be actual to take matches, varnish or acrylic paint, as well as adhesive tape and a marker.
- Getting ready to work phone. Preparation consists in wrapping it with parchment paper on all sides. All sides of the phone should be wrapped as tightly as possible, especially the back, on which glue will be applied. You can fix the paper with tape.
- Draw a marker on the base of the picture. The contours of the picture can be drawn with a marker, creating a specific image or abstract picture. It is important to consider only one factor - each line of the picture will increase rigidity, which will require taking into account the absence of voids in large quantities.
- Apply glue. We apply glue along the contour of the phone, given that it will not only be an ornament, but also must hold the entire structure on the gadget. Each pin used in the gun will be enough to draw a contour or perform a three-dimensional drawing. At a minimum, you need two sticks of glue to create a sufficiently dense cover that will serve as a safety bumper.
- Wait for the glue to harden and cut off the excess parts. Typically, such parts will be clumps of glue at the attachment points on the display side. Remember also the need to leave openings for the camera and speaker, the openings for which will need to be cut if they are not prepared in advance.
- Remove excess hair and cobwebs. Using a light heating match (you can use a lighter), easily remove the cobweb of glue and hairs that have arisen. The cover should be the same thickness on all sides and without overhanging parts (you can also cut it with a knife).
- Apply varnish or paint. This step will not only decorate and improve the aesthetics of our product, but will also give it greater rigidity. It is better to use nail polish, which after hardening will have greater rigidity. Coat should be the outer and inner sides, but do not put on a cover until drying is complete.
You can cover the whole phone in one layer, without bothering with the creation of drawings. However, this method will not be very relevant in terms of material consumption, and it will not always bring the desired result due to problems with accurate and even glue application. For coating, you can use transparent varnish, if you did not leave dark traces of soot on the glue during the singing of cobwebs and threads.
I want to emphasize right away that for a mobile phone from paper you can make covers in several ways. This option is considered budgetary and allows you to protect the device in unexpected trips or trips, for example, when visiting the beach. By completely packing the phone and leaving it free to use according to the instructions on the video, you will protect the device from dust, sand or other negative conditions.
You can use the simpler method by simply wrapping the smartphone, for this you will need to perform the following actions:
- The apparatus is laid on a horizontally laid sheet (doubled).
- The phone is wrapped to the end of the sheet, completely hiding in paper. The upper edges are turned equally on both sides by about a centimeter.
- Turn the sides in small segments.
- Turn the bottom.
- We bend the corners below and fix all the wrapped parts with glue.
To get a beautiful paper cover, you don't have to use origami methods. In this video you can clearly see that decorating your device is simple and quick. Just cut the decor by placing a sheet of paper under the silicone accessory. You can draw it yourself or use ready-made images, cut out sheets from magazines or print a print.
From rubber bands
This method requires the choice of several colors of elastic bands, as well as the use of a machine and a hook for weaving. In the video tutorial, you can learn the weaving method with just one hook, and we will tell you in detail how to use the machine for weaving and make a cover from a set of 500 rubber bands.
Let's start work with the second pin, putting on gum and throwing them on the third pin in the bottom row (crosswise). Next, we perform the following actions:
- We put on the elastic bands crosswise from the lower pin to the third row at the top.
- Similarly, put on the rubber bands from the third pin, throwing them on the fourth row inside. As a result, three crosses will come out.
- In the center we pass two pins, braiding similarly four more crosses. As a result, in addition to the crosses, two pins at the edges should go free.
- On the next row we put on rubber bands on the upper row and the lower in the opposite direction. Similarly, we put on all the pins in the previous row.
- Turning the machine horizontally, without crossing over from the bottom, throw the gum to the top. We also fix the remaining gum of the upper row, including using two pins in the middle.
- After completing the same steps for the second side, you need to remove the gum hook (two pieces) from each pin below. We skip the middle pins again, leaving two rubber bands on each pin.
- We carry out the next row in a different color (we perform the actions for the second row in the third). We remove two loops in a circle around the machine, and then we put on elastic bands of a different color instead. After that, remove the lower loops.
- Alternating the colors of the elastic bands, we perform the actions for the next two rows. For each row it is necessary to put on and remove the loops.
- Next, make a hole for the screen. To do this, you will need to vertically turn the machine over, remove the lower rubber bands from the third pin, and then throw them on the fourth row. The last loop should be on the seventh pin.
- Remove the loops from the middle pins (from all five). On the sides there are only three occupied places. We also dress the following rows, performing the procedure in a circle. There are 5 pins left on one side.
- Having removed the lower gum, we leave two loops. We knit similarly another 11 rows, not forgetting to change the order of color when choosing elastic bands. And also we knit a row in a circle, filling each pin.
- Leaving five pins not previously used, remove the rubber from the other lower ones. We omit the working pins (two), remove the lower loops from the third, throwing them on the next one. We continue the procedure until the last two pegs are completely released. We also knit the next row.
- Turning the machine vertically, remove the loop from 2 pegs of the right row, throwing it on the next. The last loop will be thrown to 4 pegs.
- We remove the lower loops on the 3rd and 2nd pegs.
- Leaving the center two pegs, we loop around and remove the lower ones as well.
- The next row - we put on all the gum pegs and remove the loops without affecting the pins that contain 2 gum.
- The upper and lower loops on the first peg change places, then the upper loop needs to be thrown to the next peg, connecting the structure.
- On the following pegs, remove the lower loops and transfer them to the next in the row of pins. After that we knit the usual row.
- To close the resulting accessory, we need to make a series of crosses, similar to the first weaving procedure. The next row will use opposite pegs for crosses.
- Remove the loops from the bottom, leaving gum pegs on the pegs. As a result, three gum should come out on the lower pin. Similarly, we transfer the lower loops to the next pins and knit another row.
- Additionally, taking the gum, fix it with a knot on the right side and remove the cover. We direct the sticking gum inward, hide the knot and put the resulting cover on the phone.
Out of balloon
This method will be the simplest method to create a unique, bright and cheap accessory, impervious to moisture and installed in 10 seconds on the phone. You need, as you can see in the video, just a balloon and a desire to protect your gadget.
To create protection, you will need to inflate a ball of your chosen color. The case will cover tightly the sides of the phone and the back, leaving access to the touch screen and not interfering with its work. Lay the inflated ball on a flat surface, holding the nipple. Further, pressing the phone, pressing it into a ball, gradually bleed air.
As a result, the ball envelops the device, fitting tightly and not allowing moisture to the contact holes. Of course, swimming with such an accessory is not recommended, but as a simple method to protect your device with a fabricated cover in a few seconds is ideal.
Since we are considering only options for making covers from the simplest objects and materials with the available tools, then the cover-book will be based on one of them. As such a basis, we chose an old notebook with a bright design, and it takes only 10 minutes to make it. In the video, you can visually study the process of creating a cover with soft upholstery from napkins and a fastening in the form of rubber bands.
To create such an accessory that will allow you not only to provide protection, but also use your smartphone to watch video comfortably, prepare such tools and materials:
- Scissors. They will be needed to cut the napkins under the phone.
- Paper knife. It will help get rid of notepad sheets.
- Bright paper. Decorate the outside of the accessory.
- Glue. You can use any type of glue with a secure hold.
- Two gum. We choose elastic bands that are not too wide, but sufficient to hold the device during operation.
First of all, measure the size of the phone and pick up a notebook in which the smartphone will completely fit. If the edges of the notebook protrude a little - it's okay, you can crop them or leave them like that, completely covering the gadget. Follow these steps:
- Take a notebook and cut out its inside - paper sheets.
- Lay out the resulting cardboard by cutting a napkin along the contour.
- Stick the napkin, checking the quality of bending.
- Cut another piece of cardboard to fit one side of the notebook.
- Stick a napkin on the cardboard, and also fix the elastic bands around the edges (pre-measure them by leaning the device and checking the tension).
- Glue cardboard with rubber bands to one side of the notebook, without gluing a strip, a centimeter wide.
To make a cardboard case, you need only a few simple tools and materials. In the instructions on the video, you can see how to do the work using ordinary cardboard and fixing not only the accessory itself, but also gluing the gadget into it using double-sided tape. The main thing - do not forget that you need to leave holes for the keys, charging and camera. And also remember that such covers are a temporary measure, even if they are decorated.
Using a similar template from cardboard, you can cut and glue already with the glue of our product. This video tutorial clearly shows the method of a more massive and functional accessory. That is, you can use it already for reading or watching videos, and the case itself will not fall apart during operation at the most unexpected moment.
The main thing to remember when creating such protections is that on a sheet of cardboard you need to first draw your gadget, taking into account all the holes and function keys. And also do not forget about the low strength of the material and remove the phone case if it ceases to provide the necessary level of protection.
For users who better perceive information in text format, we offer the following instructions:
- Having taken a sheet of cardboard, select with a marker or pencil a contour on one side and at a distance of half a centimeter (depending on the thickness of the device) another template.
- Cut the resulting template, leaving the jumper and bending it with a slight indentation into each line of the pen or pencil.
- The cover will need to be fixed on the device using double-sided tape. To fix the book itself, you can use an elastic band or two along the edges (similarly, you can use a rubber band to fix the phone on cardboard, cutting the grooves under it in the case).
To make such a cover, it takes only half an hour and a small set of tools. The main advantage of such products will be the opportunity to decorate the accessory using a variety of methods and using improvised materials. The video shows a master class on one of the options for performing work.
We propose to use for such types of cases that do not become part of the phone, unlike cardboard, the following materials:
- A cut of felt (we choose bright colors, even small pieces can be used for decoration).
- Scissors, ruler, pencil and needle with thread.
- Клеевой пистолет со штырями силикона.
Первым действием мы создаем заготовки под наше изделие, обводя телефон по контуру и прорезая фетр на расстоянии в сантиметр от каждого края (исключая верх, который нужно вырезать точно по гаджету). Далее выполняем такие действия:
- Наружным швом прошиваем между собой два отреза ткани, оставляя открытым верхнюю часть.
- We use small pieces of felt as a decor, creating an application by gluing using hot glue.
- We are waiting for the glue to harden and use a cover.
One of the methods for creating fabric covers is to stick the fabric onto cardboard. That is, we create a cover at the same time from fabric and cardboard. In this case, it is recommended to use a soft cloth not too thick.
It is not necessary how to use felt in the previous method - any dense fabric with a high degree of rigidity is suitable for such covers. Use your imagination and try to carefully stitch blanks to get not only a reliable and safe, but also a durable cover.
This case does not have openings for the camera, but it is easy to make without additional tools or materials. In the instructions on the video you can find visual aids on working with the skin, as well as the methodology for making such accessories.
Using leather blanks and small pieces of material, you can not only create a protective material that is comfortable in use, but also an aesthetic product. Most importantly, consider the need for high-quality firmware, especially if it runs inside the case. Even a small bundle of kapron thread can damage the touchscreen or the gadget's body. The procedure for creating a leather cover exactly repeats the work with felt (with the exception of products with internal firmware).
There are two methods for making such covers - using only an adhesive gun and threads (yarn), or you will additionally need a transparent cover on which the threads will be fixed. The first method can be studied on video, it is quite simple, but it will require speed and care so that the glue does not have time to harden before applying the yarn.
At its core, this technique of creating protection and decor will repeat the covers of hot glue. The difference will be the application of threads or yarn to the glue, as well as the absence of the need to take into account the accuracy and a certain pattern when creating a cover.
Simply apply glue to the paper in which the gadget is wrapped, and then stick yarn cut into small pieces on it. For cutting, use a ruler, after winding on which you need to cut one side of the spiral.
Of course, the best quality case will be in which the beads are attached with individual threads, and the whole structure is connected. It is this method of knitting a cover with beads (with a buffer in the form of threads) that is indicated on the video. However, we propose another method, which is described below.
For a simpler method, you can take a ready-made knitted, silicone or even cardboard cover and stick the beads on it. Immediately emphasize - to fully cover even a small cover, you will need a large number of beads. You can stick with ordinary hot silicone, which we will squeeze out of the gun:
- Prepare the beads, case, carton and toothpick.
- Put a drop of glue on the cardboard and use a toothpick to take a small drop to stick each individual bead.
- Using tweezers and glue, glue each bead in turn.
You can apply a small amount of glue directly to the case, smooth it and lay out the beads. However, such a method can lead to poor adhesion of individual beads.
This method is simple, fast and effective in terms of aesthetics. For it, you will need several dozen rivets, which are fastened by a conventional glue gun. Carefully take the rivet with tweezers or forceps, apply glue to it and fix it on the case. In a similar way, you can decorate the cover with any other improvised decor, for example, an iron logo from old denim pants.
There are two ways to implement this method - using paints or nail polish, as shown in the video, or using hairspray. In the first case, it will be necessary to create a base on a transparent cover by painting it with paint or varnish. While the paint is not frozen - sprinkle on the surface of the glitter (you can lay out a specific pattern or abstraction).
The second method will require less time and effort:
- Spray varnish over part of the cover.
- Sprinkle the cover with sparkles.
- Perform a similar procedure in several more rows.
You can create a fashion accessory with a truly original design using an old bead necklace. A pendant will also come in handy, which can take center stage. The process will be completely identical to the bead sticker, but will require more glue and pre-calculated actions. Put the beads on the cardboard cover template in the way that you put them on it, and then stick them directly on the accessory.
Why do covers do it yourself actual?
Store attributes for the new gadget models are definitely beneficial, but they are too expensive. But to make them yourself will not require any skills and rare materials. Everything you need to decorate your phone case is in the public domain for everyone.
In stores, it is not always possible to find a suitable model. But if you make the case yourself, you can choose the desired color, shape and characteristics. Then it will become a one-of-a-kind accessory.
The advantage of homemade covers is the frequent change of image without spending money. You can not say about the purchased model, the price of which on average is from 350 to 1400 rubles. Therefore, the article provides recommendations and 12 instructions for creating and decorating cases for do-it-yourself phones.
The most popular colors for covers
For several years now, accessories with abstract designs of bright colors or imitating wood and metal have been in fashion. Bamboo bumpers are also popular - another name for smartphone protection among young people. You do not need to decorate them, because they already look good.
Before you make a case with your own hands at home, study the master classes for beginners. There can be many home-made accessories on the phone. However, all of them must be executed in trend colors and exactly match your image.
In the video you can learn detailed instructions on how to knit an original case with knitting needles in just a few hours. This method is more suitable for those who already know how to knit, and also understands in reading and using patterns and clippings. Remember that knitting is a laborious process that does not endure haste and will require a lot of effort.
It is not necessary to buy a silicone case; you can make it yourself using tools and materials that are available in a regular store. The video contains detailed instructions for the manufacture of such a case, and we will also describe each action in text form.
The first step is to prepare all the materials and tools. Prepare rubber gloves, a small amount of regular starch, a knife, sandpaper, a spatula and building silicone. These are all the tools and materials that you will need to create a cover.
Prepare your phone template in advance or wrap it with film or paper so as not to damage the display and clog the functional connectors. But also keep in mind that you must follow all safety measures, in particular, cutting off the excess from yourself.
- Pour a small amount of starch onto the table and make a dough in a mixture with silicone. Kneading should be carried out with gloves, mixing to the state of plasticine or thick paste.
- We roll the resulting pancake to a thin layer, which will accommodate our device. Next, you need to wrap the phone in the dough received and check that the edges come together on our sides (also check the corners and blind them like dumplings, removing the excess with pressure).
- After freezing, you need to remove the phone from the resulting case and cut through all the functional holes.
- The final step is to bring gloss. Strip the cover and make it in all places of the same thickness. Also, carefully remove the excess with a knife. Apply a small amount of silicone without starch to the surface, smoothing with a brush.
Such a cover can be decorated with applique, paints or sparkles, creating a product comparable to the products of leading world brands.
The most simple and budgetary case may be for you a cover made of paper. Its assembly will not take much time, it is performed in the origami technique of a simple type. This, of course, will not last a long time, but if you urgently need a cover, then this option will be great. Let's read the step-by-step instructions.
You will need:
- Put a sheet of paper in a horizontal position, on top of it is a telephone.
- Now wrap the phone in paper until the end of the sheet.
- Wrap the lower part several times to the place where the phone is.
- Now, to keep the bend better, bend the triangles up, at the bottom of the cover.
- If you need a stronger structure, use glue to seal the bends and joints. Our paper case is ready.
Video paper case
The phone in a case made of rubber bands will look very original. Such a cover will require time and patience from you, but the result will please you and surprise your friends, and even those you don’t know. We have prepared step-by-step instructions for iPhone 5, and for other smartphones you just need to take a different amount of rubber bands. So, let's start doing the DIY crafts step by step.
You will need:
- Elastics of 3 colors - 500 pcs.
- Weaving machine
- There should be 2 rows on the machine. The holes in the top row should look to the left, and from the bottom - to the right.
- We begin to put on rubber bands from the upper row of the second pin, from it we put on the cross on the 3rd lower row.
- Next, we put the cross on the cross from the 2nd lower row to the 3rd pin of the upper row.
- In the same way, do the following from the 3rd pin from above to the lower 4th. And then from the lower 3rd to the 4th upper.
- There should be 3 crosses like that.
- Pass 2 pins in the center and continue to weave 4 more such crosses. On this side you should get 4 crosses that intersect with each other.
- At the edges of the machine should remain 2 free pins.
- The next row we put gum on the upper and lower pins, standing opposite.
- So we put on all the pins of the last row.
- Turn the machine toward you vertically so that the top pins look at you with their heads.
- We put on the first rubber band without crossing on one upper and one lower part.
- We fix the remaining gum without crossing, one after another on the top row. In this row, we do not miss the two middle pins.
- We make the bottom row in the same way, connecting the rubber band on the second side, just as we started the row. It turns out that we went in a circle one row.
- Starting from the bottom row, with each hook, we remove two rubber bands from the bottom, which are located at the very bottom. Skip the middle pins. Thus, two rubber bands on each pin should remain on the machine.
- We make the next row in the same way as the 3rd, in a circle one rubber band after another. For this series we take rubber bands of a different color.
- Next, in a circle, remove the bottom 2 loops.
- We again put on the rubber bands in a circle using a different color, and then remove the lower loops.
- In the same way we make two more rows alternating colors. One row - this is once put on the loops, and then remove.
- We begin to make a hole for the screen. Turn the machine vertically, the left row of bayonets should be turned on you.
- We begin to work on the left row. From the 3rd pin, remove the bottom rubber band and throw on the next 4th. Thus, the last loop should spread to the 7th pin.
- Now we remove the remaining loop from the middle 5 pins. There should be 3 pins on each side with rubber bands attached.
- We knit the next row in the usual way (eraser after eraser). We do this clockwise, starting from the 3rd working pin. With five pins on one side, we are not working yet.
- We need to remove the lower gum, 2 loops should remain on the pins.
- In the same way, we need to knit another 11 rows. Do not forget to alternate colors.
- Next, we knit a row clockwise, now filling all the pins.
- Remove the lower rubber bands from the pins. But we are not removing five previously unused in this series.
- In the row where there are unfastened pins, we skip two workers and remove the lower loop from the third and put on the next pin. We do this, leaving only the last 2 free.
- Now knit one row.
- Take the machine vertically and in the right row from the second working pin, remove the lower eyelet and put on the next bayonet.
- The last loop should be thrown on the 4th working pin.
- Now from the 3rd and 2nd we remove the lower loops.
- Next, put on the loop in a circle, leaving our 2 free. Then remove the bottom hinges.
- On the next row we put on rubber bands, using all the pins. We remove the loops in the usual way, without touching only two pins, where there are only 2 rubber bands.
- On the first pin, we change the upper and lower loops in places and the upper one is thrown to the next pin, connecting our design. From the next two pins, remove one bottom loop and transfer to the next pin.
- Next, we knit a number in the usual way.
- We begin to close our cover. We make a row as at the very beginning of the crosses, without missing a pin.
- The next row is made with crosses between opposite pins.
- Next, we begin to remove the lower loops, leaving only the rubber bands from which we made eights. Each pin should have 3 loops.
- Now the lower loop of each pin is thrown to the next.
- We also do the next row.
- On the right side, we make a knot with an additional rubber band and remove the cover from the machine.
- Now spread the protruding loops and hide the bundle. Now you can use such an original case.
Video how to make a phone case from rubber bands
Case with dried flowers
Using acetone, an old silicone bumper, dried leaves and flowers, as well as epoxy, scissors and sparkles, you can create a unique case with dried flowers. The video describes one of the methods of such decor using pansies, and we will tell in detailed instructions how you can perform such decor with other types of dried flowers.
The first step is to design. You need to figure out exactly how you lay out the flowers and leaves to get the most aesthetic picture. Next, proceed directly to gluing with a glue gun:
- Glue each leaf separately, applying a few small drops, not large ones.
- We complement the decor with sparkles to create a halo around the flowers.
- We are waiting for the glue to solidify and fill the resulting composition with epoxy (the resin will need to be mixed with water in a certain proportion).
- Having leveled the mixture, we are waiting for solidification and we can use the cover.
So that the resin does not sink to the edges, and does not have to be removed after solidification, you can remove the excess immediately with a cotton swab and acetone. It is best to level it with a wooden stick.
Hot glue bumper cover
Using a gun and hot glue, you can make a beautiful bumper case for your phone. It looks very interesting and unusual. And its originality depends only on your imagination. Such a cover can be openwork or just with a flat surface and patterns.
You will need:
- Glue gun
- Nail polish
- Parchment paper
- Tape the phone with parchment paper so that the back and side panels of the phone are without joints. Fix the joints in the area of the screen with adhesive tape.
- Designate the locations of the buttons, camera, and jacks.
- Now hot glue go through the sides of the phone, and select the designated places along the contour.
- In the shape of curls, make a pattern on the back of the phone so that they connect to the side.
- Wait until everything is dry and paint it in the desired color with nail polish.
- Now you can put a beautiful case on your phone.
- If you do not know what pattern to make, you can use the video master class.
Ball phone case
A very simple way to make a do-it-yourself phone case is to use a regular balloon. Such a cover will not protect against shock, but will help keep your smartphone dry. Let's see the step-by-step instructions with photos and video descriptions of how to make a phone case from a ball.
You will need:
- Inflate the ball, do not tie.
- On top of the ball, put your phone face up.
- Now pushing the phone into the ball, gradually blow it away.
- When there is little air left, release the ball while continuing to squeeze the phone.
- The ball will fit the phone and the cover is ready. You can also take a balloon with any muzzle or pattern, then your phone will become more original.
Additional features for decor and design covers
Any item, an old pendant, a crumbled necklace or other items in a jewelry box can become an original decor for a case. You can learn a lot of decorating tips in the video and send your own design options in the comments, adding photos to them.
There are dozens and hundreds of methods for creating unique covers from improvised materials. We presented the most common and simple options for how you can protect your device or decorate it in the shortest possible time and at the lowest cost. Вы можете самостоятельно добавить комментарии, в которых поделитесь советами и собственными результатами экспериментов по созданию стильных и надежных чехлов для гаджетов. А также делитесь нашей статьей в соцсетях.
Чехол из картона
Чехол из картона не требует дополнительных затрат, и делается из подручных средств, которые есть практически в каждом доме. Чехол будет иметь аккуратный и приятный внешний вид. Now let's get down to doing the crafts with step-by-step instructions.
You will need:
- Draw a telephone on a cardboard twice with an interval between them of 0.5 cm.
- Cut along the contour.
- Make two bends along the lines in the center of the workpiece, the cover is almost ready.
- Now glue one side of the case to the back cover of the phone.
- To cover the cover, you can put on a thin rubber band on it, or make holes in the sides of the cover and attach a tape or rope.
Felt phone case
Such a case has a beautiful appearance, its shape resembles a pocket in which you hide your phone. To make a phone case from felt, you do not need special skills, just a little imagination and the necessary materials. And you can read the step-by-step instructions in the description below.
You will need:
- Felt of different colors
- Glue gun
- Put the phone on felt, and about 1 cm from the edge of the phone, circle the outline. We need 2 of these.
- Sew both blanks together with the outer seam.
- Now you need to make a decoration for the cover. Cut out balloons from different colors in the form of drops.
- We also cut the felt house, the windows and the door out of it.
- Use the glue gun to attach the house to the bottom of the cover.
- Now thread the dashed thread for the balls.
- Glue the balls over the threads in layers to create a three-dimensional pattern.
- An amazing case on the theme of the cartoon "Up" is ready!
From the fabric, you can also make a great phone case with your own hands. This case is perfect for fans of the cartoon "Sponge Bob". He is beautiful and original, this will please anyone. Let's see how to make such a cover at home with step-by-step photos and video instructions.
You will need:
- Any thick fabric (preferably felt)
- Acrylic paints
- Thread with a needle
- Colored paper
- Stencil two identical blanks to fit the phone, with wavy edges.
- On one of the blanks, draw the face of Bob Sponge.
- From blank paper cut blanks for pants and glue on the blank with a muzzle.
- Now sew the two halves on the wrong side and twist back.
- The cover is ready!
Video how to make a do-it-yourself fabric cover
Another option for a phone case can be offered to make it out of leather. It is not necessary to go and buy leather in the store, just find the old leather thing and use it for this craft. This case is reliable and looks good, and no one will guess that you did not buy it.
You will need:
- Piece of leather
- Cardboard template
- Thick thread
- Gypsy needle - 2 pcs.
- Eyelet tongs
- A pen
- Decorative thread
- Eglets - 2 pcs.
- To get started, measure the parameters of your phone. We add 1 cm to the length, and 2 cm to the width.
- Cut from a piece of leather 2 parts the size that is needed for your phone, adding the above centimeters.
- For two workpieces, round the corners by applying one part to the other.
- On a cardboard template, make small round holes about 5 mm apart.
- Attach the template to the leather blanks folded together (the parts are folded inside to each other) and make holes with tongs on the sides and the bottom. Secure the template with clamps.
- Put 2 needles on the thread on both sides.
- We begin to sew on the side.
- First, we pass the first hole with one needle and straighten the thread.
- Then we sew alternately with two needles, dragging the needles into one hole in opposite directions.
- In this way, we flash the cover completely.
- Now fasten the thread several times by passing the needle into the last hole. Cut off the excess.
- On the top of the case, make 2 holes through, at a distance of 1 cm.
- Thread a decorative thread in them, having previously put on the ends of the eglet. Tie a beautiful bow.
Warm thread cover
Such a soft white and fluffy phone case will warm your hands in winter frosts. It is pleasant to the touch and has a nice appearance. Let's try to make such a case with our own hands following the instructions with a step-by-step description.
You will need:
- White yarn
- Glue gun
- Parchment paper
- Baking paper
- Wrap the phone with paper, fixing the joints and bends with tape on the side of the screen. So that the back cover has a flat surface.
- Using a glue gun, make a base on the back cover, glue the entire surface with glue, leaving the holes for the microphone and camera free. Also handle the side of the phone.
- When the glue is completely dry, remove the base, now we will work with it.
- Wind the thread on the ruler so that the threads are parallel. We wind up, focusing on the width of the phone, it should correspond to the width of the wound threads.
- Apply glue to one edge of the ruler with threads and glue on a base made of glue. We wait a few minutes for the glue to dry and cut the thread along the opposite edge of the ruler. Also cut the thread from the skein.
- Thus, we do until the entire cover is filled with villi. About 5 mm should be retreated from the last row.
- When you have glued the entire back cover, do the same with the side parts.
- Our case is ready!
A bead case requires a lot of patience and perseverance from the master, so not everyone will have such a case. Of course, you can glue beads on the phone cover, forming a pattern from it, but the knitted one will look more beautiful and elegant.
You will need:
- Mottled beads
- Melange yarn (cotton 100%)
- Make a device for stringing beads. See photo.
- Pour the beads into the container and lower the needle into it, in a chaotic manner, collect the beads. So you need to fill most of the thread.
- We collect the first row of loops with a thread without beads. Check the width of the phone.
- Next, we knit with a crochet. We knit the last loop 3 columns.
- Then we rotate the workpiece in a circle and knit on the other hand in the same way.
- Further in a circle we knit another row with a single crochet.
- It turns out that's the bottom.
- Begin knitting with beads. We move one bead close to the two crochets and stretch it through them.
- In the same way we do the subsequent rows, each time pulling up the beads.
- Knit in a circle weaving beads trying on the phone to the end of the top of the phone.
- Now weave without beads. We knit 4 rows of single crochet.
- Next, we knit the pattern with double crochet and double crochet, two rows. Dilute the pattern with beads through one loop.
- Pull the thread through the holes in the patterns and tie a bow or tie a flower on a pigtail.
- Our beautiful case is ready!
In the end
In this article, we showed you 11 interesting options for making a do-it-yourself phone case. Such covers will noticeably stand out among the general mass of standard purchase brothers. And also these covers can be used as a gift.
- Lay a sheet of paper horizontally.
- Put your phone on top.
- Wrap the phone to the end of the sheet.
- Wrap the bottom of the paper several times to the telephone.
- Fold the triangles up from the bottom of the sheet.
- Fix the folds with glue.
I recommend to watch a video master class!
Instructions on how to make a do-it-yourself phone case
Use the tips in the article to make a bumper from glue, cardboard, fabric, rhinestone and other materials. The created case will look cool, because the soul will be enclosed in it.
All sketches for beginners are clear. Interesting ideas with step-by-step instructions will help even a novice to effectively cope with such a task.
Leather mobile phone case
You will need: leather of any color, scissors, clamps, thick thread, cardboard template, tongs for installing eyelets, two gypsy needles, for decoration (two eglets, decorative thread), pen, ruler.
To make a cardboard case for a mobile phone, simple materials will be required. The main thing to remember is the openings for the camera, charging, headphones and keyboard (for a push-button telephone).
A cardboard cover is a short-lived product, even if you make it from the most expensive, durable materials. In the video review, a good example of how to do everything right:
Getting started, starting from the stencil:
- Take a thick sheet of cardboard, place the phone on it. Circle the marker with a marker with a margin of 0.5 cm (take into account the thickness of the device).
- Cut the template with a stationery knife, do not touch the jumper. Bend while squeezing a little pencil to draw each line.
- Fix the bumper on the smartphone with double-sided tape. And the book itself - with an elastic band or even two to securely fix the phone from both edges.
Such a bumper can be painted brightly, stick beads, rhinestones and other decorations on it.
How to make a paper bumper for a phone? There are several ways. All of them are budget. Making such a bumper is easy even for those who are away from home. It will protect the device on a beach holiday from sand, dust and dirt.
- fold a sheet of paper of format A: 4 in half, put a smartphone on it,
- wrap the gadget in paper so that it is not visible,
- Tuck the top edge and bottom by 1 cm, and the sides with minimal lengths,
- fix all bent parts with glue.
You should get a package, inside of which the phone easily enters from above. It is simple to make such an impromptu protection from paper, but it is temporary, because it does not protect the phone from the effects of shock.
No need to “puzzle” over the decoration of the phone case. Use ready-made images cut from glossy magazines. Or print an interesting picture on the printer and stick it on paper.
From knitting yarn
Many in the house there are several skeins of thread for knitting. They can be used to tie a phone case. Prepare knitting needles or hook, arm with a scheme from the Internet.
How to crochet or knit a case? This is easy for those who own such mastery:
- Knit a scarf-shaped cover to the width of the gadget with an allowance of 1 cm. The knitting can be tight or openwork.
- Then just sew the sides and bottom of the product.
From above you can attach a lace, stick beads around the perimeter, sew knitted flowers - anything you like within your imagination.
Made of silicone
It's easier to buy a ready-made silicone case on your phone in the store. But why pay more if it’s easy to do it yourself? Before working, prepare the following materials:
- latex gloves,
- 2 tbsp regular starch
- putty knife,
- building silicone.
Prepare the gadget template in advance, or simply wrap it in paper so as not to damage the device during operation.
- Pour a little starch onto the table, add silicone and knead the dough. We recommend doing this with gloves on. You should get a mass that, in its consistency, resembles plasticine.
- Roll out the mass as thin as possible. Then wrap the smartphone in it so that all the edges converge on the sides.
- Stack the edges like dumplings are made. Cut off excess.
- Leave to solidify. Remove the phone from it, cut through all the necessary holes.
- With a sandpaper, move the gloss to make the bumper of the same thickness in all places. Remove excess with a knife.
- Brush a thin layer of silicone to cover the entire surface of the case.
Wait for the silicone to solidify completely. After that, decorate the bumper to your taste: glitter, rhinestones, beads, paints.
Of threads and glue
This instruction is also simple. To protect your phone with a thread case, prepare the following inventory:
- a small skein of yarn
- glue gun
- Wrap the gadget with parchment. On the front side, fasten joints and bends with tape.
- On the back of the phone, make the base with a glue gun. Do not forget to leave holes (for the camera, charging, microphone).
- Leave the mass to solidify, then remove the base from the device.
- Take the ruler and wrap a few threads on it, taking into account the width of the smartphone.
- On one of its edges with a thin layer, apply glue with a thin layer and press it to the base. Allow time to dry. Then cut the threads from the opposite edge.
- Decorate the entire surface of the case with fibers, observing the distance between the rows of about 5 mm.
We recommend using yarn in several colors to create an unusual pattern. More details in the video:
The basis of such protection is a dense fabric. To make it, prepare the following inventory:
- felt of any color
- a needle with a thread threaded into it,
- glue gun
- slate pencil
- ruler or meter,
- First make a blank of felt. Put the gadget on it and circle it along the contour, leaving 1 cm at the edges. You will need two such blanks.
- Sew the two pieces obtained with the outer seam. The phone should fit into the case. Therefore, it is necessary to stitch the felt at a distance of 0.5 cm.
On top, you can sew on applications of the same material or stick glass beads.
Crafts from beads are popular. Many girls wear jewelry in the form of brooches, bracelets, earrings from such small, shiny beads. To make beaded phone cases you will need:
- multi-colored beads,
- glue gun
- piece of hard cardboard,
When the inventory is ready, get to work:
- Part of the beads should be poured onto the table. Put a drop of glue on the cardboard.
- Take a little glue with a toothpick. Touch the bead, dip it in glue.
- Stick to the gadget.
- In the same way, glue the rest of the beads onto the sides and back cover.
- You can immediately make an ornament according to ready-made stencils without inventing your own.
As you can see, this is a painstaking task. But you need to do everything at a pace, without hesitation, because the glue hardens quickly.
Hot Melt Cover
When working with a glue gun, safety must be observed. Hot glue can seriously damage the skin. If it hits the display, it will ruin the gadget. Therefore, we recommend that you be extremely careful.
To work, prepare:
- glue gun
- acrylic paint
- Prepare the phone. Wrap the gadget tightly on all sides with parchment, especially its back wall. Secure the parchment with tape.
- Make a sketch of the basics. All contours can be outlined with a marker to create an abstract image. The main thing to consider is that each line increases rigidity. Therefore, it will be easier to consider the absence of voids.
- Glue application. Apply glue along the contour, because it will be the maximum load. Figure of the future bumper - to your taste.
- Leave to freeze. Cut off all surplus. Cut holes for the camera, speaker and headphones.
- Remove cobwebs and hairs. Carefully remove all the hairs with a heated match. The case will be the same thickness.
- Paint the product. You can apply any design to your phone case using acrylic paint or manicure varnish. Glue the decor.
Using hot glue, without a picture, you can make reliable protection for your smartphone. However, then the material will go a little more. Usually the product is coated with nail polish.
This is a very simple recipe, and its result will appeal to those who like brilliance. To make a cover of sequins, you need to prepare:
- multi-colored glitter,
- transparent nail polish,
- Polish for hair.
When all the materials are on hand, proceed with making the case:
- Spray the back cover of the smartphone with hairspray.
- Apply glitter with a brush. The work must be done as soon as possible, otherwise the varnish will dry.
- Fix the work with transparent nail polish.
- Leave to dry.
Case from an old notebook
To quickly make a case for a smartphone, you can use an already unnecessary notebook. To work, you will need:
- a notebook of the same width as a telephone,
- paper knife
- colored paper
- two tight elastic bands.
- The inside of the book needs to be rid of notebook sheets.
- Unfold the cover and cut a napkin along its contour. Glue it and check whether it bends well.
- Cut a piece of cardboard as half a book.
- Paste the cardboard on a napkin. Fix the upper, lower loops and put on the gadget to check the tension.
- Glue a thick cardboard with rubber bands on one side of the notebook. Be sure to leave a strip of 1 cm.
Such a cover-book for a smartphone will protect the phone from damage and provide convenient viewing of videos.
We make a leather case with our own hands. To do this, stock up:
- a piece of skin
- clamps, scissors,
- thick thread
- cardboard template,
- tongs for installing eyelets,
- gypsy needles - 2 pcs.,
- ruler, pen,
- decor elements.
To make a leather case at home, you need:
- Take measurements on your smartphone. Add 1 cm to the length, 2 cm to the width.
- According to measurements, make two leather blanks.
- Round the corners of the workpieces a little.
- Make small holes on a cardboard template at a distance of 5 mm.
- Fold the leather blanks together, face inward, then attach cardboard.
- Using forceps, make holes on the sides and bottom edge. Secure with clamps.
- Put needles on both sides of the thread.
- Sew the sides like this: thread one needle into the first hole, straighten the thread. Then, in turn, sew immediately with two needles, dragging into the same hole, but from different sides.
- Flash the entire case. Then securely fasten the thread.
- On the top of the product, make two through holes at a distance of 1 cm.
- Put on the ends of the decorative thread eglet. Pass through the through holes and tie a bow.
Перед работой рекомендуем посмотреть обучающий видео ролик с наглядным примером того, как сделать чехол из кожи своими руками:
How to make a phone case from rubber bands
There are many interesting cover designs, but rubber weaving is especially popular among young people. You will need their multi-colored set and a hook for weaving.
We will start with the second pin, after putting on the elastic bands and transferring them to the third pin in the bottom row crosswise. From it, put the elastic on the third row at the top crosswise.
From the bottom row of the pin we put the elastic bands on the third row at the top crosswise and on the 4th row, throwing them inside. You should get three crosses. In the central part, skip 2 pins, braid another 4 crosses similarly to the first.
Make both crosses and loose pins around the edges. Replace the elastic bands on the next row. In this case, the top row should be opposite to the bottom. In the same way, we throw on all the pins in the previous row.
The machine must be thrown horizontally. Without crossing, change the elastic band from the bottom to the top. In exactly the same way, fix the elastic bands of the upper row using two pins located in the middle.
The same must be done for the second side. With a hook, remove 2 elastic bands from each pin from the bottom. And the middle ones again skip, leaving 2 of them on the pins.
The next row can be done in a different color. To do this, remove 2 loops in a circle around the machine, and then put on rubber bands of a different color in their place. Then you need to remove the lower loops. Alternating two colors of elastic bands, make another two rows in a similar way.
To leave a hole for the screen, turn the machine upright. From the third pin, remove the lower gum and transfer them to the fourth. The last loop should be on the 7 pin.
Step-by-step instruction for weaving a case
For its proper weaving, you need to perform the following sequence of actions:
- Remove all loops from all 5 pins in the middle. There will be 3 occupied places on each side. Band the next rows as well, the procedure is carried out in a circular fashion. There are 5 pins left on one side. Similarly, form a hole for the camera, but only remove the loop from 1 pin, not from five.
- Remove the lower elastic bands, leaving only 2 loops. In the same way, knit 11 rows, while not forgetting to change the color of the elastic bands. Knit a row in a circle, filling the pins.
- Leave 5 pins not previously used, remove the rubber from the remaining lower ones. Skip two working pins, remove the lower loops from the third, the loop should be thrown over the adjacent one. Continue this until the last two pegs are free. Also tie up the next row.
- Work to continue on the other side of the machine. From the second peg of the right row, remove the loop, throw on the next. The last loop jumps to 4 pegs.
- On the 2 and 3 pegs, remove the lower loops, leave them in the center of the 2nd, throw the loops in a circle and also remove the lower ones.
- The next row is to put on elastic bands on all the pegs and remove the loops without touching the pins, which contain two elastic bands.
- On the first peg, swap the upper and lower elastic bands, and then transfer the upper loop to the next peg, connecting the structure.
- On the following pegs, remove the bottom row of loops and transfer to the next in the row of pins. Next, knit a regular row.
- To close the product, you need to make a series of crosses, exactly following the first procedure. But the next row uses opposite pegs to create crosses.
- Remove the loops from the bottom, only those elastic bands that form eights remain on the pegs. As a result, three gum will be obtained on the lower pin. In the same way, transfer the lower loops to the next pins and knit a row.
- Take 1 rubber band, fix it with the knot on the right and remove the cover. All the sticking out rubber bands should be put inside the product, hide the knot and put the case on the smartphone.
As you can see, this is a very difficult job. If you decide to take it, then first we recommend you watch the video instruction:
Several life hacks
For these purposes, many take unnecessary jewelry. Decoration of the bumper can be made of torn decoration elements. For example, an old pendant, a torn necklace. Rivets, paper clips and even spoiled children's toys - the limit here is only fantasy.
If you have your own original idea of creating reliable and stylish protection for your smartphone, share it in the comments. Perhaps it will be a great solution for some of the readers. We wish you inspiration and success in your creative work. We recommend watching a video review of interesting ideas for creating covers: